Important: Confirm with your lecturer whether you are using APA 6th or APA 7th as they are slightly different.
Give the full date the podcast was produced or uploaded, not just the year.
Cohen (2013, December 29) comments that the supermarket war has led to many casualties ...
The supermarket war has led to many casualties … (Cohen, 2013, December 29).
Place direct quotes between double quotation marks " " and provide the year and a timestamp to indicate the exact starting point of the quote.
Cohen (2013, December 29, 3:29) stated that due to the recent "supermarket war many small farmers … ".
Host’s name. (Host). (Date range). Title: Subtitle [Audio/Video podcast]. Publisher (if available). URL
Vedantam, S. (Host). (2015–present). Hidden brain [Audio Podcast]. NPR. https://www.npr.org/series/423302056/hidden-brain
- Give the host’s name, role and dates the podcast has aired
- Specify the type of podcast (audio or video) in square brackets.
- If the URL is unknown as the podcast was accessed through an app, omit the URL.
Host’s name. (Host). (Year, Month Day). Episode title (Episode number) [Audio/Video podcast episode]. In Program title. Production company. DOI/URL
Cohen, H. (Host). (2013, December 29). Casualties in the supermarket war (No. 442) [Audio podcast episode]. In Background briefing. ABC Radio National. http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/backgroundbriefing/2013-03-24/4582278
- Give the host’s name, role and exact date produced/uploaded.
- Give title of episode (no italics) followed by the episode number (if there is one) and the form in square brackets, followed by the title of whole podcast/program in italics.
- Give the production company and the URL of the item.
- Use ‘Available from’ if accessible only via purchase or paid subscription.