Information for patrons from other universities and TAFEs
You are welcome to visit the FedUni Library and use our facilities. The specific services available to you are listed below.
There are three schemes that allow staff and students from other Australian tertiary institutions to borrow from the FedUni Library free of change. The schemes are:
- CAVAL Reciprocal Borrowing Program (Victorian institutions)
- University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) (Australia and New Zealand institutions)
- TAFE National Reciprocal Borrowing Scheme (TAFE NRBS)
Please note that membership through these schemes does not allow access to the internet or other electronic resources.
Students enrolled via Open Universities Australia are not eligible for borrowing. To borrow from our collection they will need to take out a community borrower (Infolink) membership.
Borrowing guidelines for non-FedUni Students and Staff
|Maximum no. |
|CAVAL, ULANZ, and TAFE NRBS borrowers||10||14 days|
|Monash Medical students (Gippsland-based)||50||42 days |
Borrowers please note:
- Items in the Textbook collection can only be borrowed by FedUni students and staff.
- Copyright regulations restrict non-FedUni borrowers from borrowing off-air video and audio recordings from within the Multimedia collection
- Items held in the Blainey, Creedy, Journal, Law, Reference and Research collections are not available for loan
- Recreation reading items can be borrowed for a 14 day/2 week loan period.
Photocopying services are available at the Mt Helen, Gippsland, SMB and Wimmera campus libraries. Photocopying must be done in accordance with copyright regulations.
FedUni's wireless network is called eduroam. It is a secure world wide wireless network which allows users to access the internet at participating institutions. We are one of over 20 Australian universities that currently provide this service on campus.
How to configure eduroam for your operating system
- E J Barker Library (Building L)
Mt Helen VIC 3350
- Building 1E
Churchill VIC 3842
- Library, Building 901
Berwick VIC 3806
- E J T Tippett Building (Library)
Lydiard Street South
Ballarat VIC 3350
- Learning Resource Centre (Building C)
Horsham VIC 3402
Library queries for the Camp Street Campus should be directed to SMB Campus library.