Prepare your application
Are you an international student?
You are considered to be a domestic student if:
- you are an Australian citizen
- you are a New Zealand citizen
- you are an Australian Permanent Resident
- you are the holder of an Australian permanent residency visa.
If you do not fit into these categories, you are considered to be an international student.
Do you qualify?
Before applying, make sure you meet the academic and English language requirements for the program you hope to study.
Refer to the English language requirements for information on accepted tests and exemptions.
Refer to our Country-specific Entry Requirements (pdf, 134kb) to see if your high school qualification is equivalent to Australian Year 12, and our Course Finder to check if your chosen program has any extra requirements.
If you have any special circumstances that you would like the International Admissions team to consider when assessing your application, please provide strong evidence and a detailed Statement of Purpose to support your request.
The International Student Application Checklist (pdf, 157kb) can help you prepare your application and make sure it is processed as quickly as possible.
If you need help with preparing your application to FedUni or with applying for a student visa, you may wish to submit through one of FedUni's International agents. Please note: students applying from Pakistan must apply through an agent.
Prepare the following documents to submit with your application:
- Certified copies of degrees, diplomas or certificates issued by your educational institution(s)
- Certified copies of your full academic transcripts issued by your educational institution(s)
- Certified translations of documents that are not in English, as well as certified copies of the documents in the original language
- Proof of English proficiency, such as academic IELTS results or equivalent
- Certified copies of your passport and current Australian visa (if you hold one)
- Your Confirmation of Enrolments (CoEs) from your studies in Australia (if any)
- Research Proposal Form, Additional Details Form, or Application for Audition/Interview, if relevant
- Any other relevant documents you would like us to consider, such as letters from schools or employers, a statement of purpose or your CV/resume.
All supporting documents submitted with an application must be certified copies. A certified (or attested) copy is a photocopy of an original document that has been certified as being a true copy by an authorised person.
The person certifying the photocopy must include the following details on all pages that contain information:
- Stamp or write: 'This is a true copy of the document sighted by me.'
- Sign, date and provide contact details (name, address and telephone number)
- Use the official stamp or seal of their organisation, or their profession and organisation name.
Copies of originals may be certified by a person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live. This may include:
- A national notary department
- The official records department of the institution that originally issued the document
- A registered accountant
- An Australian overseas diplomatic mission or Australian educational centre
- A Justice of the Peace
- A barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
If you are having trouble getting your documents certified, one of FedUni's Agents may be able to help.