Transfers, withdrawals and refunds

International student advisory

If you are having any difficulties at Federation University - whether you're struggling with your classes or just feeling homesick - please contact International student advisory.

The team will be able to provide general guidance and support, and point you to specific resources that can help with the difficulties you're having.


Students who wish to change courses within Federation University should submit the Internal Course Transfer Form (pdf, 257kb).

Students who wish to transfer between teaching locations (eg between a Federation University campus and a Partner Provider location) should submit the Application for Transfer between Registered Teaching Locations form (pdf, 196kb).


Students who wish to move to another registered provider (e.g. another university) an 'Amend your course status' online request, selecting 'Withdraw from all studies'. Learn more on the 'taking leave or withdrawing from study' webpage.

If you have not yet completed six calendar months of study in your principal course, you should also submit the Application for Transfer between Registered Providers form (pdf, 179kb) as you will need a release letter.

More information on changing providers or withdrawing can be found under ESOS Information.


Information on Federation University's refund policy can be found in your offer letter. You should make sure you read and understand this policy before signing your acceptance of this offer.

For more information, please refer to the Refund for International Students Policy and the Refund for International Students Procedure.

Please note: the application fee is not refundable.