Dr Khanh Nguyen
|Position:||Scholarly Teaching Fellow, Accounting|
Dr Khanh Nguyen conducted consistent studies in accounting & auditing at PhD, CPA (Certified Practising Accountant), Master, and Bachelor levels. Furthermore, before entering academia, Khanh was a CPA Australia with nine (9) years of industry experience in accounting, auditing, and finance locally and internationally, including senior professional positions. Khanh have also had sixteen (16) years of experience (research & industry) in fraud & corruption prevention and detection, and in the international non-governmental organisation/non-profit organisation sector. Moreover, Khanh have had 4.5 years of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience in accounting, auditing, and finance. Khanh have also had 9 years of providing mentorship to undergraduate and postgraduate accounting and finance students within the Career Mentor Scheme at Queensland University of Technology. Before joining FedUni, Khanh was at Western Sydney University and Australian National Institute of Management and Commerce (IMC).
Khanh was the 2020 winner of the Best Dissertation Award in Forensic Accounting from the American Accounting Association. The Award was for his PhD thesis. Khanh is the first person, who collected the data outside the USA, to receive the Award, which is a testament to the quality of his work. Khanh is also only the second person from outside the USA to receive the Award. Additionally, Khanh was a 2020 Finalist for the Award: The Accounting Student of the Year in Australia. He received the Teaching Excellence Award from IMC in 2020 as well.
- PhD (Auditing, Forensic Accounting, and Fraud Examination), The University of Southern Queensland
- Master of Business Advanced (Professional Accounting), Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Economics (Accounting), Academy of Finance
Professional memberships and associations
- CPA Australia (full member) (2011 – present)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, USA
- American Accounting Association
- The Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand