Dr Harpreet Singh Kandra
|Name||Dr Harpreet Singh Kandra|
Research professional with experience in water management; environmental management; environmental reporting; data management; and policy analysis teaching and training experience.
Currently teaching courses on water systems, water and waste-water engineering and management. Experience with technical writing (over 55+ papers, reports and publications). Demonstrated experience of working in many projects involving multi-disciplinary teams. I have been awarded scholarships to pursue research degree at Monash University on storm-water treatment and management and I have advanced skills in application softwares like MS Office, MS Project, SimaPro, MUSIC, SPSS, and MATLAB.
I have Chartered Engineer status in Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering from Engineers Australia. Received the Vice Chancellor’s Award for Contributions to Student Learning at Federation University Australia, 2020.
I work with community groups in Cardinia Shire Council on aspects of environment, recovery, safety, financial vulnerability and social cohesion. I was the Australian Citizen of the Year in Cardinia Shire Council in 2019.
- PhD, Monash University
- Master of Engineering in Environmental Engineering, Panjab University, India (Honours and Gold Medallist)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Punjabi University, India (with Honours and University Topper)
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education, Federation University Australia (2016)
- Cardinia Community Leadership program (2017)
- Certificate and Diploma qualifications in training, business and management
- ENGIN1002 Engineering Physics
- ENGIN2201 Hydraulics and Hydrology
- ENGIN3206 Water and Wastewater
- ENGIN4201 Management of Water Resources
- ENGIN2002 Engineering Project Management and Sustainable Design
- ENGIN4001 and ENGIN4002 Engineering Research Projects