Assoc Prof Ayon Chakraborty
|Name||Assoc Prof Ayon Chakraborty|
|Position title||Associate Professor|
- Lean, Six, Sigma, TQM
- Sustainable Supply Chain
- Circular Economy
- Healthcare Operations
I am an Associate Professor in Engineering Project Management within the Institute of Innovation, Science and Sustainability at Federation University Australia. Prior to joining the university, I was working as an Associate Professor in Operations Management and Decision Sciences area at Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli, India.
I also worked as Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Services Science Discipline, Information Systems School at the Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia. I haves more than eleven years of experience in teaching and consulting business students and executives at various institutes such as Queensland University of Technology, James Cook University Australia (Singapore Campus).
Research and teaching contribution
My main research interests are in the area of Quality Management such as on Lean, Six Sigma, and other quality tools and techniques. In recent years he also worked on practices related to sustainable development and circular economy, specifically in Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
I am also involved in international collaborative research projects such as Erasmus Plus and Global Challenges Research Funding (GCRF) with Aston University in UK. Both these projects focus on sustainability and wellbeing of MSMEs and are sponsored and funded by UK Government.
I have taught courses such as Business Statistics, Quality Toolkit for Managers, Operations Management, Project Management and is also developing courses related to Introduction to Decision Sciences, Quality Analytics, Sustainable Supply Chain Management, Analytics in Project Management, and Circular Economy for both post graduate and undergraduate levels.
I had also coordinated various Management Development Programs related to my teaching and research interests and trained both middle and senior level executives across public sector and private sector organizations in Singapore, Australia, and India.
- Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering, National University of Singapore, 2010.
- M. Eng. in Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences, Pilani, Rajasthan, India, 2000.
- B.Eng. in Production and Industrial Engineering, University of Rajasthan, Rajasthan, India, 1998.
- Program Coordinator Engineering Project Management
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Lean Six Sigma
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Supply Chain Management
- Editorial Board Member of Amity Journal of Operations Management
I'm looking for keen and enthusiastic students and researchers who are looking for a new challenge and want to work in the following areas:
- Enhancing small and medium sized enterprises’ (SMEs) competitiveness through sustainability, equality and wellbeing
- Role of OEMs (Overall Equipment Manufacturers) to promote sustainability in SMEs
- Lean Six Sigma implementation in service organizations / small and medium sized enterprises’ (SMEs)
- Understanding technology adoption in healthcare service operation
Please get in touch if you're interested.