Industrial and infrastructure assets have a number of systems and subsystems, hardware, sensors including rotating and sliding parts. It is well known that failure mechanism and degradation behaviour of these parts and subsystems influences life of those systems. In order that informed decisions are taken by maintenance, reliability and asset management professionals to improve performance and productivity, it is imperative that the behaviour of machine components and sub systems with regard to the performance of the system, costs and risks associated with various options in maintenance and replacement decisions are better understood. But there are issue’s and challenges in understanding these by maintenance, reliability and asset management professionals.
Why address the issue?
- Asset Management & Maintenance have become essential areas of concern for many of industries and infrastructure owners, operators and maintainers.
- The conference will include an overview of the benefits of working within an asset management framework, as well as insights into implementing, improving and enhancing asset management through systems and standards, and technologies for balancing costs, risk and performance.
- Industry-leading speakers, academic experts and professional body leaders will discuss: adhering to the standards; risk management as the basis of an asset management plan; whole-life-approach investment decisions; failure modes, existing and emerging technologies and extending an asset’s life-cycle with reliability, availability, maintainability, safety and security.
Aims of the conference
- Make people aware of the possibilities in Maintenance, Reliability and Asset Management
- Showcase best practice
- Showcase achievements in Maintenance, Reliability and Asset Management programs
- Showcase high quality applications in industry
- Foster networking across all disciplines
- Identify future needs for professional development
- Identify future needs and opportunities for research
Who will I meet?
Our speaking panel will consist of respected, senior representatives from within all areas of the ‘asset management and maintenance’ industry, University and professional bodies. The audience will comprise many of their peers and key personnel. There will be fantastic networking opportunities with industry, academia, professional bodies and government entities from at home and around the world.