Phone: (03) 5122 6440
Room: 5N 189
Position: Associate Professor / Director of Collaborative Evaluation Unit (CEU)
- Doctor Of Philosophy (PhD) Monash University, 2014
- Graduate Diploma In Health Services Management Charles Sturt University, 2010
- Graduate Cert In Higher Education Monash University, 2007
- Master Of Nursing Monash University, 2002
- Grad Diploma Of Nursing (Critical care) Monash University, 1997
- Bachelor Of Nursing Monash University, 1993
- Honours, Masters and PhD supervision
- Appreciating Research and Scholarship
- Acute Care Nursing Practice
- Australian Nursing Board Registration – Registered Nurse (Div1)
- Singapore Nursing Board Registration
- CENA – College of Emergency Nursing Australasian
- RCNA – Royal College of Nursing
- ANF – Australian Nursing Federation
- ARNM - Australian Rural Nurses and Midwifes
- Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International – Number 1242260
Grants and awards
- 2021- Porter, JE, Barbagallo, M. James, M. Prokopiv, V. Pillay, S and Greenhill, A. Evaluation of the My Food Swap program. The Latrobe Health Assembly. DHHS, -
- $114,000 – Successful
- 2021 – Porter, JE. Prokopiv, V. Gippsland Centre against Sexual Assault (GCASA) - $65,000 – Successful
- 2021 – Porter, JE. Reimers, V. Barbagallo, M. Prokopiv, V. James, M. Dabkowski, E. Coombs, N, Kemel, P, Mesagno, C. Peck, B. Jones, J. Missen, K. Bailey, C. Snell, C. and Brito, S. The Latrobe Health Assembly Community Programs Evaluation. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Latrobe Health Assembly (LHA) - $173,866 – Successful
- 2020 – Porter, JE. Barbagallo, M. James, M. Dabkowski, E. Prokopiv, V. Federation University Community Health Hub Feasibility study Gippsland campus - $8842 – Successful
- 2020 – Porter, JE. Mesagno, C. James, M. Prokopiv, V. South Gippsland Suicide prevention evaluation project - $10,000 Funder: South Gippsland Shire Council.
- 2020 – Porter, JE. Barbagallo, M. James, M. Dabkowski, E. Prokopiv, V. Reimers, V. A quantitative study of the impact of COVID-19 on youth engagement in Latrobe. LLEN Youth survey - $10,000 – Successful contract pending
- 2020 – Porter, JE. Reimers, V. James, M. Barbagallo, M, Dabkowski E. Prokopiv, V. Evaluation of emerging health practices. Department of Health and Human Services and Latrobe Heath Assembly joint funding. - $7909 –Successful consultancy funding.
- 2020 - Porter, JE. James, M. Jones, J., Johnson, N. Evaluation of the Gippsland Advocacy Support Services. Gippsland Aboriginal Advocacy Support Services - $10,000 – Successful
- 2020- Porter, JE. Reimers, V. Prokopiv, V. Evaluation of the ZERO suicide prevention project. Latrobe Regional Hospital Mental Health. - $10,000 – Successful
- 2020 – Porter, JE. Barbagallo, M. Prokopiv, V. Evaluation of the Hands up for Volunteering in Latrobe Project. Latrobe City Council. $30,000 Successful
- 2020 – Porter, JE., Reimers, V. Prokopiv, V. Evaluation of PHN’s Early Detection and Screening, including Tobacco Program. Gippsland Primary Health Network. $239,250 Successful
- 2019 – Porter, J. and Reimers, V. Evaluation of PHN’s Early Detection and Screening, including Tobacco Program. Gippsland Primary Health Network. $289,890 Successful – Contract pending
- 2019 – Porter, J. Reimers, V. Morgan, D. Missen, K. Prokopiv, V. Development of an Evaluation Model. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Extension grant $122,400 Successful
- 2019 – Porter, J. Peel, R, and Powers, G. Feasibility study for the Gippsland Centre for Innovation, Research and Practice. $9760 – Successful
- 2019 – Porter, J. Barbagallo, M. (2019). Evaluation of the Yinnar Exercise program. Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR). $3000 – Successful.
- 2019 - Porter, J. Barbagallo, M. Bur, J. Prokopiv, V. (2019). “I am Ready” Project Evaluation. Local learning and Employment Network (LLEN). Department of Health and Human Services grant. $46,838 – Successful
- 2018 - Porter, JE, Edmondson, E, Morgan, D. Reimers, V. Missen, K. Whyte, S. Klein, B. Prokopiv, V. Development of an Evaluation Model. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). $389,957. Successful
- 2017 – Edmondson, B. Porter, J. Whyte, S. Prokopiv, V. James, A. Yell, S. Wilson, R. Cooper, S. Development of the Latrobe Health Innovation Charter Project. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). $132,182. Successful
- 2017 – Porter, J. Jones, L. James, A. and Jackson, M. Undergraduate nursing student’s preparation for clinical placement: Development and implementation of a simulated live ward experience. CLIPP $9,709 Successful
- 2016 – Peck, B. Clough, M, Smith, A. Porter, J. and Jarrott, H. What are the learning practices used by students enrolled in the flexible mode in an Undergraduate Nursing program. - $3000 CLIPP Mini Grant Federation University.
- 2015 – Porter, J. Chung, C. Raymond, A. Miller, N. Giannis, A. Interaction with family of acutely unwell patients using the ER-DRIP approach: The development of an online simulation education program. - $7692 CLIPP Mini Grant Federation University.
- 2015 - Klein. B, Foale. C, Lauder. S, McLaren. S, Charchar. F, Meyer. D, Porter. J, Clinnick. L, Denham. J, Mitchell. J, Gill. P, Eime. R, Mesagno. C, Temple. E. Improving Wellness: A randomised controlled trial comparing the Mindfulness eHealth and Physical Activity eHealth programs – $5000 Faculty Research Grant.
- 2014 – Cooper, S. Porter, J. Hopmans, R. Cant, R. Bogossian, F. (2014). Awarded $18,000 for a Learning and Teaching research grant (Monash University) titled: "Managing serious illness – advanced educational software for health professionals"
- 2014 – Porter, J. Cooper, S. Cant, R (Research Fellow), Roberts, K. Wilson, I. Benton, G. (2014). Monash University Berwick Campus grant of $15,000 "The Team Emergency Assessment Measure: Validity, Reliability and Feasibility testing in clinical resuscitation teams: A collaborative project between Monash University, Central Gippsland Health Service and Northeast Health"
- 2014 – Cooper, S. NestaI, D. Porter, J. Ireland, S. Connell, C. Symmonds, M. Awarded $15,000 for your project titled "The Team Emergency Assessment Measure: Validity, Reliability and Feasibility testing in clinical resuscitation teams: A translational collaboration with Monash University, Monash & Alfred Health". Faculty Strategic Grant Scheme 2014 – Strategic Project Grant – SPG-S 012
- 2011 – Cooper, S, Porter, J. Cant, R. McKenna, L. Kinsman, L. Endacot, R. Fox-Young, S. Scholes, J. Whitely, P. De Veries, B. ID11-1914. Managing patient deterioration: Enhancing student nurses' competence through on line simulation and feedback techniques (the FIRST2ACT program) ALTC $211,000
- 2008 – Cooper, S., Nestrel, D., Sellick. K., Somers. G., Kinsman. L., Porter. J., Monash University Gippsland Small Grant Research Support Scheme. Resuscitation Team Work: Assessment measures and training scheme development. $19,893
- Porter, J,.Monash University Bursary Grant. Developing an undergraduate nursing clinical evaluation form. $2,500
- 2010 – Birks, M. Mills, J, Porter, J & Coyle, M. Australian and Malaysian Government Grant: to conduct a series of research seminars in Malaysia and Borneo. $21,000
- 2009 - Cooper, S., Birks, M. & Porter, J. Department of Human Services. Program evaluation of the Certificate of Advanced Rural and Remote Primary Health Care. $14,985
- 2009 – Cooper, S, Porter, J. Birks, M. & Kinsman, L. Department of Human Services. Primary education and research consultancy for development of advanced rural and remote health care programme. $12,253
- 2007 – Birks, M, Mills, J. Francis, K. Chapman, Y & Porter, J. Australian and Malaysian Government Grant. Introduction of research concepts a series of research seminars and workshops in Malaysia and Borneo. $17,500
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) Applicant ID: 232192 – APA stipend of $23,728 per annum (2012 Full time rate) Commenced Feb 2012 for the duration of 18 months completion date 6th October 2013.
- Golden Apple Teaching Award – Monash University Gippsland Campus. 2013 NUR2002 Nursing unit Pharmacology content.
- Golden Apple Teaching Award – Monash University Gippsland Campus. 2012 NUR2002 Nursing unit Pharmacology content.
- Staff excellence award for community engagement (2008). Monash University Gippsland Campus. ($500 dollar gift voucher)
- Outstanding Unit Evaluation for Introduction to High Dependency
- Nursing, 3rd year Undergraduate unit. (NUR3106) Monash University (2005) Professor Stephen Parker Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Senior Vice-President
- Acute care practice
- Emergency Nursing
- Family Presence During Resuscitation
- MET call / Code Blue activations
- Community and project Evaluation
Current student projects
- PhD Title: Patient and Nurse Experiences of patient education in the emergency department
- PhD Title: Using Physical Activity to Promote Stress Resilience among Australian Emergency Personnel
- PhD Title: Psychological Contracting: Creating a new form of leadership practice
- Honours thesis title: ADEA evaluation of the diabetic educators program: A quantitative study
- Honours thesis title: Evaluation of the Yinnar health and wellbeing exercise program: A qualitative study
- Honours thesis title: The exploration of the role of primary carers who are providing end of life care in the home: A qualitative study of carers in Gippsland, Victoria.
- Honours thesis title: An exploration of the pressures faced by nursing staff within the working environment of a special care nursery: A regional centre experience
Completed student projects
- PhD title: Family Presence During Resuscitation: An Iranian experience
- Masters title: A Qualitative study exploring emergency nurse’s experience of teamwork within the emergency department.
- Masters title: An evaluation of the effect of a mental health clinical placement on the mental health attitudes of student nurses
- Masters title: ED-HOME: A new educating concept for emergency nurses to improve patient education in the Emergency Department.
- Masters title: Home Visits: Identification of service-gap delivery and provision of support following stroke.
- Honours thesis title: Caring for people you know: Rural nurses experience
- Honours thesis title: Preparation of final year student’s transition to practice
- Honours thesis title: Health promoting lifestyle behaviour of Federation Nursing students
- Honours thesis title: Preparing nursing undergraduate students for practice: Evaluation of a live ward simulation exercise
- Honours thesis title: How does Anatomy and physiology fit into an undergraduate nursing degree
- Honours thesis title: A descriptive study of RISKMAN code blue presentations, in a single regional hospital within Victoria.
- Honours thesis title: Evaluating the BOLD (Blended On-Line and Digital) learning model amongst undergraduate nursing students: a quantitative study.
- Honours thesis title: Family presence during resuscitation (and invasive procedures) in the Emergency Department
Jones, G., Moore, K.A., Porter, J., & Morgan, D., & (2018). Why does the psychological contract matter? Implications for leadership practice, workplace stress and anxiety. Stress and Anxiety: Theories and Realities (pp. 33-44). Logos: Berlin. ISBN 978-3-8325-4717-2
Porter, J. Perkins, A. Lyons, J. Sewgolam, S. (2018). Thinking like a Nurse. Chapter 8. In: The Road to Nursing. Academic Publishing, Cambridge University Press, Port Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
Beauchamp, A. Cooper, S. Porter, J. (2015) Identification and management of the acutely deteriorating hospital patient: Essential actions (2nd Edition-2015) ISBN 978-ISBN 978-1-876851-84-2 (Paperback) ISBN 978-1-876851-85-9 (Online)
Mills, Jane, Francis, Karen, Birks, Melanie, Coyle, Meaghan, Porter, Joanne, and Missen, Karen (2011) Nursing in remote or isolated areas of Queensland: role, resources and readiness for practice. In: Advances in Medicine and Biology. Advances in Medicine and Biology, 26 . Nova Science Publishers, New York, USA, pp. 265-275. ISBN978-1-61324-065-6 11473_Mills_et_al_2011.pdf
Porter, J (2011).Survivor, page 56 In: Blakley G, Cooper, S.Skirton H Allum P Nelmes P. (Eds) (2011) Games Games Games: Educational games for Health Professionals. DVD Book. University of Plymouth Press ISBN9781841022741.
Peer-reviewed journal papers since 2011
Dabkowski, E. Porter, JE. (2021). An Exploration into Suicide Prevention Initiatives for Mental Health Nurses: A systematic literature review. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing (In press)
Dabkowski, E. Porter, J.E. & Barbagallo, M. (2021). A thematic analysis of the perceptions of a community-based exercise program on the health and wellbeing of ageing adults. Health and Social Care in the Community. DOI: 10.1111/hsc.13343
Miller, E. and Porter, JE. (2021). Understanding the needs of carers of palliating adults in the home: A systematic review of the literature. Sage Open Nursing. doi: 10.1177/2377960820985682
Hassankhani, H. Jafari, A.Haririan, H. Porter, JE. O'Brien, F. and Feizollahzadeh, H. (2020). Learning Needs of Patients with Coronary Heart Disease: A Clinical Investigation. Clinical Nursing Research. (In Press)
Barbagallo, M. Porter, JE. & Lamunu, M. (2020). Evaluation of a Blended Online and Digital Learning Mode of Anatomy and Physiology for Undergraduate Nursing Students. Computers, Informatics, Nursing. In Press
Porter, JE. Barbagallo, Peck, B., M. Allen, L. Tanti, E. Churchill, A. (2020). The academic experiences of transitioning to blended online and digital nursing curriculum. Nurse Education Today. doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2020.104361
Hassankhani, H. Haririan, H. Jafari, A. Porter, JE. O'Brien, F. Feizollahzadeh, H. (2019). Learning needs of Iranian patients with coronary heart disease: A cross-sectional, comparative study. Clinical Nursing Research. doi.org/10.1177/1054773819898808
Porter, JE. Peck, B. McNabb, T. and Missen, K. (2019). A review of Code Blue activations in a single Regional Healthcare Service: A retrospective descriptive study of RISKMan data. Journal of Clinical Nursing JCN-2018-1672.R1(In Press) DOI: 10.1111/jocn.15079
Porter, JE. (2019). Family Presence During Resuscitation (FPDR): A qualitative descriptive study exploring the experiences of emergency personnel post resuscitation. Heart and Lung 48, 268-272. Doi.org/10.1016/j.hrtlng.2018.09.016
Raymond, A. Porter, JE. Missen, K. Larkin, J. de Vent, K. Redpath, S. (2019). The meaning of Worried” in MET call activations: A regional hospitals examination of the clinical indicators. Collegian, doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2018.11.002
Ota, M. Peck, Porter, J. (2018). Evaluating a Blended Online Learning Model among Undergraduate Nursing Students: A Quantitative Study. Computer Informatics Nursing. Oct; 36 (10):507-512. doi: 10.1097/CIN.0000000000000456.
Ramage, E. Porter, JE. Biedermann, N. (2018). Family Presence During Resuscitation (FPDR): Implementation in the emergency department a qualitative study. Australasian Emergency Care. ISSN 2588-994X. DOI 10.1016/j.auec.2018.05.002
Porter, JE. Cant, R. Missen, K. Raymond, A. Churchill, A.(2018). Physical deterioration in an acute mental health unit: A quantitative retrospective analysis of medical emergencies. International Journal of Mental Health Nursing. DOI:10.1111/inm.12467
Hemstock, M. Peck, B. and Porter, J. (2018). Evaluating a blended on-line learning model amongst undergraduate nursing students: A quantitative study. Computers, Informatics and Nursing. https://doi.org/10.1097/cin.0000000000000456
Hassankhani, H. Harririan, H. Porter, JE. Heaston, S. (2018). Cultural aspects of death notification following cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Journal of Advanced Nursing. DOI: 10.1111/jan.13558
Missen, K. Porter, JE. Raymond, A. deVent, K. and Larkins, J. (2018). Adult Deterioration Detection System (ADDS): An evaluation of the impact on MET and Code Blue activations in a regional healthcare service. Collegian. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2017.05.002
Porter, JE. Cant, R. Cooper, SJ. (2017). Rating teams' non-technical skills in the emergency department: A qualitative study of nurse's experience. International Emergency Nursing Journal DOI: 10.1016/j.ienj.2017.12.006
Hassankhani, H. Zamanzade, V. Rahmani, A. Haririan, H. Porter, JE. (2017). Corrigendum to Family support liaison in the witnessed resuscitation: A phenomenology study. International Journal of Nursing Studies. Pages 95 -100 (S002074891730130X) (10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2017.06.005)
Grover, E. Porter, JE. Morphet, J. (2017). An exploration of emergency nurses’ perceptions attitudes and experience of teamwork in the emergency department. Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aenj.2017.01.003
Hassankhani, H., Zamanzade, V., Rahmani, A. Haririan,H. Porter, JE. (2017). Family Presence during Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: A double-Edged Sword. Journal of Nursing Scholarship. https://doi.org/10.1111/jnu.12273
Porter, JE, Miller, N. Giannis, A. Coombs, N. (2017) Family Presence During Resuscitation (FPDR): Observational case studies of emergency personnel. International Emergency Nursing. DOI: 10.1016/j.ienj.2016.12.002
Van Donk, P. Tanti, E. and Porter, JE. (2016). Triage and treat model of care: Effective management of minor injuries in the emergency department. In Press, Collegian. doi.org/2F10.1016/2Fj.colegn.2016.05.003
Cant, RP, Porter, JE, Cooper, SJ, Roberts, K, Wilson, I, Gartside, C.(2016). Improving the non-technical skills of hospital medical emergency teams: The Team Emergency Assessment Measure (TEAM™). Emergency Medicine Australasia 2016; doi: 10.1111/1742-6723.12643
Coombs N.M, Porter JE and Beauchamp A (2016). ED-HOME: Improving educator confidence and patient education in the Emergency Department. Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal, AENJ-D-15-00038R1
Cooper, SJ. Cant, R. Connell, C. Sims, L. Porter, J. Symmons, M. Nestel, D. Liaw, S. (2016) Measuring teamwork performance: Validity testing of the Team Emergency Assessment Measure (TEAM) with clinical resuscitation teams. Resuscitation. 101. pp 97-101. DOI 10.1016/j.resuscitation.2016.01.026
Endacott, R. Bogossian, F.E. Cooper, S.J. Forbes, H., Kain, V.J. Young, S.C. Porter, JE (2015). Leadership and teamwork in medical emergencies: Performance of nursing students and registered nurses in simulated patient scenarios. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 24(1-2), pp
Cooper, S. Cant, R. Bogossian, F. Kinsman, L. Bucknall, Beauchamp. A. De Vries, B. Endacott, R. Forbes, H. Kain, V. McKenna, L. Porter, J. Phillips, N. and Young, S. (2015). Patient deterioration education: Evaluation of face-to-face simulation and e-simulation approaches. Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 11 (2), pp97
Cant R, Young S, Cooper SJ, Porter J. (2015). E-simulation: pre-registration nursing students’ evaluation of an on-line patient deterioration program. Computers, Informatics, Nursing, 3(3). pg. 108-114. DOI: 10.1097/CIN.0000000000000133 [IF 0.816]
Bogossian F. Cooper S. Cant R. Porter J. Forbes H. and the FIRST2ACT™ Research Team. (2015) A trial of e-simulation of sudden patient deterioration (FIRST2ACTWEB™) on student learning. Nurse Education Today – On line at: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0260691715003275
Porter, J. Cooper, S. & Taylor, B. (2015). Family presence during resuscitation (FPDR): A survey of emergency personnel in Victoria, Australia. Australasian Emergency Nursing Journal – AENJ doi.org/10.1016/j.aenj.2014.12.003.
McConnell-Henry, T. Cooper, S. Endacott, R. Porter, J. Missen, K. Sparks, L. (2015) Designing a medical records review tool: An instructional guide. Contemporary Nurse. DOI: 10.1080/10376178.2015.1010260.
Porter, JE. Cooper, SJ. & Taylor, B. (2014). Emergency Resuscitation team roles: What constitutes a team and who’s looking after the family? Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. Vol 4. No (3) pp 124-132.
Chadwick, L. Porter, J. (2014). An evaluation of the effect of a mental health clinical placement on the mental health attitudes of student nurses. Journal of Nursing and Health. Vol 2, No (3).
Bogossian, F. Cooper, S. Cant, R. Beauchamp, A. Porter, J. Kain, V. Bucknall, T. Phillips, N. The FIRST2ACT Research Team (2014). Undergraduate nursing students' performance in recognising and responding to sudden patient deterioration in high psychological fidelity simulated environments: An Australian multi-centre study. Nurse Education Today. 34, 691-696.
Cooper, SJ, Porter, J. Peach, L. (2013). Measuring situation awareness in Emergency settings: a systematic review of tools and outcomes. Open Access Emergency Medicine
Porter, J. Cooper, S, & Sellick, K., (2013) Family presence during resuscitation (FPDR): Perceived benefits, barriers and enablers to implementation and practice. International Emergency Nursing Journal DOI 10.1016/j.enj.2013.07.001
Porter, J. Morphet, J. Missen, K. & Raymond, A. (2013). Preparation for high acuity clinical placement: Confidence levels of final year nursing students. Advances in Medical Education and Practice. DOI:10.2147/AMEP.S42157
Cooper, S. Cant, R. Porter, J. Missen, K. Sparkes, L. McConnell-Henry, T. Endacott, R. (2012). Managing patient deterioration: Assessing teamwork and individual performance. Emergency Medicine Journal. 2013; 30:377–381. DOI: 10.1136/emermed-2012-201312
Cooper S, Beauchamp A, Bogossian F, Bucknall T, Cant R, DeVries B, Endacott R, Forbes H, Hill R, Kinsman L, Kane V, McKenna L, Porter J, Phillips N, Young S. Managing patient deterioration: A protocol for enhancing student nurses’ competence through web-based simulation and feedback techniques. BMC Nursing 2012; 11- art 18. [IF 1.20]
Missen, K, Sparkes, L, Porter, J, Cooper, S. & McConnell-Henry, T. (2012).Developing team based Acute Care scenarios: A rural hospital experience. International Emergency nursing Journal. IENJ269, DOI 10.1016/j.ienj.2012.08.002
Kinsman, L. Buykx, P. Cant, R.P. Champion, R. Cooper, S.J.R. Endacott, R. McConnell-Henry, T. Missen, K. Porter, J. Scholes, J. (2012). The FIRST2ACT simulation program improves nursing practice in a rural Australian hospital. Australian Journal of Rural Health 20(5) 270-274. DOI: 10.1111/j.1440-1584.2012.01296.x
Porter, J. Cooper, S. & Sellick, K. (2012). Attitudes, Implementation and practice of family presence during resuscitation (FPDR) in the emergency department: A review of the quantitative literature. International Emergency Nursing Journal. Reference: IENJ253.DOI 10.1016/j.ienj.2012.004.002.pp26-34.
Cooper S. Cant R. Porter J. Bogossian F. McKenna L. Brady S. Fox-Young S. (2012). Simulated based learning in midwifery education: a systematic review. Women and Birth. 25;64-74.
Buykx, P., Missen, K., Cooper, S., Porter, J., McConnell-Henry, T., Cant, R., Kinsman, L., Endacott, R., Scholes, J. (2012). Emergency training boosts confidence. Australian Nursing Journal (July 1993) 19 (7), pp43
Birks, M., Coyle, M., Porter, J., & Mills, J. (2011). Perceptions of Hand Hygiene amongst health care workers in Sibu, East Malaysia. International Journal of Infection control. DOI:10.3396/ijic.v8i1.003.12
Endacott, R. Scholes, J. Cooper, S. McConnell-Henry, T. Porter, J. Missen, K. Kinsman, L. Champion, R. (2011). Identifying patient deterioration: Using simulation and reflective interviewing to examine decision making skills in a rural hospital. International Journal of Nursing Studies. DOI:10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2011.11.018
Cant R, Birks M, Porter J, Jacob E, Cooper S (2011). Developing advanced rural nursing practice: “a whole new scope of responsibility”. Collegian 18(4): 177-182 doi:10.1016/j.colegn.2011.08.001
Cooper S., McConnell-Henry T., Cant R., Porter J., Missen K., Kinsman. L., Endacott R., Scholes J. (2011) Managing deteriorating patients: Registered nurses’ performance in a simulated setting. The Open Nursing Journal, 5: 120-126 [DOI: 10.2174/18744346011050100120]
Birks, M., Coyle, M., Porter, J., & Mills, J. (2011). Factors that make the health care professions an attractive career option in East Malaysia. Singapore Nursing Journal. Vol 38 No. 1.
Porter, J, Al-Motlaq, M. Hutchinson, C. Sellick, K. Burns, V. & James, A. (2011). Development of an undergraduate Nursing clinical evaluation form (CEF). Nurse Education Today 31 (2011), pp. e58-e62 DOI: 10.1016/j.nedt.2010.12.016
Published research reports
Edmondson, B. Porter, J. Whyte, S. Prokopiv, V. James, A. Yell, S. Wilson, R. and Mayberry, D. (2017). Latrobe Health and Wellbeing Charter, Latrobe Health Innovation Zone, DHHS, published on DHHS website (December 2017).
 Latrobe Health and Wellbeing Charter, Victorian Department of Health and Human Services. Page 7.
Cooper, S. Bogossain, F. Porter, J.Cant, R. (2013). Managing patient deterioration: Enhancing Nursing students 'Competence through web-based simulation and feedback techniques. Office for Teaching and Learning. ISBN – 978-1-74361-581-2[PDF]
Collaborative Evaluation unit (CEU)
- Porter, JE. Reimers, V. Barbagallo, M. James, M. Dabkowski, S. Prokopiv, V. Collaborative Evaluation Unit Emerging Practice Survey for Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and Latrobe Health Assembly June / July 2020
- Porter, JE. Reimers, V. Barbagallo, M. James, M. Dabkowski, E. Kattell, S. Prokopiv, V. Collaborative Evaluation Unit Youth Engagement in Latrobe: The Impact of COVID-19 2020
- Porter, JE. Barbagallo, M. James, M. Prokopiv, V Collaborative Evaluation Unit Hands up Latrobe Valley 2019/2020 Evaluation
- Porter, JE. Jones, J. Johnson, N. James, M. Weragoda De Silva, S. Prokopiv, V. Collaborative Evaluation Unit Gippsland Aboriginal Advocacy Support Service Evaluation Report 2020
- Porter, JE. Kemel, P. Coombes, N. Hopwood, P. Prokopiv, V. Collaborative Evaluation Unit Latrobe Streetgames Phase 1: Virtual Streetgames 2020 Evaluation
- Porter, JE. Dabkowski, E. Prokopiv, V. Collaborative Evaluation Unit Zero Suicide Prevention Program: Latrobe Regional Hospital Evaluation 2020
- Porter, JE. Barbagallo, M. James, M. Prokopiv, V. De Silva, S. Collaborative Evaluation Unit Community Health Hub and Clinic Community Consultation 2020
- Porter, JE. Barbagallo, M. Bur, J. James, M. Prokopiv, V. Collaborative Evaluation Unit ‘I Am Ready’ Partnership Program Evaluation Report 1 February 2019 – 30 June 2020
- Porter, JE. Reimers, V. Missen, K. Morgan D. Whyte, S. Klein, B. Prokopiv, V. Collaborative Evaluation Unit Develop of an Evaluation Framework, 2019
- Porter, JE. Reimers, V. Missen, K. Morgan D. Whyte, S. Klein, B. Prokopiv, V. Collaborative Evaluation Unit Participatory Evaluation Framework: A Guide 2019
- Porter, JE. Barbagallo, M. Dabkowski, E. Prokopiv, V. Collaborate Evaluation Unit FRRR Health and Wellness Program: Yinnar and District Memorial Hall Committee 2019: Evaluation Report
- Porter, JE. Missen, K. Reimers, V. Morgan, D. Whyte, S. Klein, B. Prokopiv, V. Collaborative Evaluation Unit Mental Health Awareness Campaign Lifeline Evaluation 2018/2019
- Porter, JE. Missen, K. Reimers, V. Morgan, D. Whyte, S. Klein, B. Prokopiv, V. Collaborative Evaluation Unit GippSport Latrobe Streetgames Evaluation 2018/2019