Critical incident 18/10/21
Berwick campus is closed under current Victorian Government lockdown restrictions. Click here for more information.

What kind of student are you?

Depending on your circumstances as an applicant, you will need to look for particular information to help you make an informed decision about studying.

Secondary school students

Year 11 or 12 students

Find the field of study you are interested in, to plan a pathway to your chosen career.

  • Find out how long you will need to study, what kind of career opportunities are available and which campuses offer what you want.
  • Refer to the entry information for the course/s you wish to apply for, to confirm prerequisites and extra requirements for entry. Visit Course Finder or VTAC website.
  • See what student support options are available to help you with your transition into university life.

Year 10 students

When making your subject selections for VCE, you can use this guide along with the relevant VICTER Guide. The VICTER Guide is published by VTAC. By using the VICTER Guide you can research what VCE subjects you will need to select to be eligible to apply for the course you want through VTAC at the end of Year 12. If you need guidance on what subjects you will need to choose, ask your careers teacher or call us on 1800 333 864.

To view the VICTER Guide visit the VTAC website.

Non-Year 12 applicants

There are many applicants that fall into this category:

  • mature-aged applicants
  • applicants who have previously completed part of a tertiary qualification
  • applicants who have not completed VCE

If I am a mature-age (Non-Year 12) applicant, will you consider my VCE results?

When considering your application we take into account your life experience, working and volunteer experience, and the further study and training you may have completed. If you have completed no further study since VCE (or equivalent), your VCE results are what will be considered as the most recent in your study history. VCE results are made accessible to our admissions office through VTAC, and can also be accessed for direct applications.

If you are worried about your VCE results not reflecting your full capability as a student, don't worry. We consider your application based on your ability to succeed in your studies, not on your ATAR. We can help you assess if you meet entry prerequisites and can assist you to bridge the gap if you need to brush up your study skills.

Are you nervous about entering tertiary study?

Anyone can be nervous about taking the first steps into tertiary study. You might need support once you get here, or you might need a little affirmation to help get you started. We offer you all of these options and a few more.

We offer study assistance and preparation through our:

If you want some help getting started, or you need to know what level of study you should start at, we can help. Call our Infoline on 1800 333 864 or Ask FedUni.