Introduction to Professional Writing (HENAA1004) - assessed unit
The ability to write professionally is one of the most crucial skills for success in work and life. In this course students will learn how to communicate clearly, effectively, accurately, and persuasively in all professional writing contexts. Students will practice writing for a variety of professional purposes, focusing on clarity, accuracy, use of evidence and persuasion. Students who complete the course will demonstrate confident and accurate use of grammar, syntax and punctuation; the ability to write for a variety of professional purposes and audiences; and confidence in planning, drafting and editing their own writing. Students will also develop the professional skills to accurately and effectively edit others writing through engaging in a structured peer-review and workshop process. Students will have the opportunity to develop a portfolio of professional writing which may include summaries, persuasive articles, essays and reports, relevant to broad range of study areas and careers.
Single subject short-course cost: $995 assessed unit
Program code: XC20
How to apply
- Navigate to apply.federation.edu.au
- Login/ register if you are a new applicant to Federation University.
- Select semester of commencement (Semester 1 or 2).
- Type the program code that relates to your desired course and click search.
- Select the program and complete application - please include the name of the course you would like to enrol into in the personal statement section.
Note. Each course you want to enrol in will need a separate application.