Note: This is an ‘essential requirements’ form.
Please ensure you have met all other admissions criteria and have submitted an application.
It is an Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC) accreditation requirement that you meet the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) English language requirements for registration, upon entry into your course of study.
Meeting the requirements
English proficiency can be demonstrated through three pathways:
- Primary language pathway:
- English is your primary language
- You have attended and satisfactorily completed at least six years of primary and secondary education, which meets the following three conditions:
- Taught and assessed solely in English
- Taught in either Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States of America
- At least two years of this education was between grades 7 and 12 (or 13).
- English test pathway:
- You have sat/will sit one of the below approved English language tests within the permitted timeframe* and have achieved the minimum score required fort initial NMBA registration:
- IELTS (Academic)
- TOEFL Internet-based Test**
- Pearson Test of English (Academic)
- Occupational English Test (OET)
* If you are yet to sit an English test or do not currently hold a test result that meets ALL requirements listed above, you should book your test sitting as soon as possible to ensure you can provide test results to Federation prior to the deadline. Permitted test types and test scores are listed on the NMBA website.
** TOEFL IBT Special Home Edition is not accepted for NMBA registration.
AHPRA registration pathway:
- You currently hold one of the following registrations with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA):
- Enrolled nurse (Division 2)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
The information on this form is collected for the primary purpose of processing your application, and, if your application is successful, delivering a program of study to you. If you choose not to complete all the questions on this form, it may not be possible for the University to process your request.
Personal information may also be disclosed to government bodies and/or departments if the University is required or permitted to do so by law.
You have a right to access personal information that the University holds about you, subject to any exceptions in relevant legislation. If you wish to seek access to your personal information or enquire about the handling of your personal information, please contact the University Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.