Ballarat and Berwick campuses are closed until Thursday 23 September.Posted: Wednesday 15 September 2021
Lockdown continues in Melbourne metropolitan areas – and now also in the City of Ballarat local government area until Thursday 23 September, pending government advice.
Ballarat and Berwick campuses are closed until Thursday 23 September, pending government advice, aside from limited authorised activity for staff and students with an approved work or study permit. Those staff and students approved to be on campus will be contacted directly.
Our campuses in Gippsland and the Wimmera are open, but with significant restrictions still in place. Limited practical activities can occur on campus for higher education, TAFE and HDR students (staff and students will be contacted directly if applicable to them) and 25 per cent of office staff can return to campus (to be managed by Deans and Directors).
Brisbane Campus remains open and is unaffected by the Victorian restrictions.
Seeking an authorised work or higher education permit
Permit applications should be directed to the relevant contacts below:
- Staff – ALL eligible staff should contact Human Resources to obtain an authorised work permit via email@example.com or call 03 5327 6300.
- Higher education – email WIL@federation.edu.au
- HDR students – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- TAFE students – you must have a permit to attend on-campus studies.
- Authorised apprentices will need to seek a permit from their employer to continue study on campus.
- Diploma of Nursing. Email Lee Wheeler, Education Manager Health and Nursing Programs at email@example.com.
- All other TAFE work placements must be reviewed by the General Manager, TAFE – email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find the application form at Authorised provider and authorised worker permit.
Updates via email, web and social media. Student support and services are still available over the phone and online if you need it. A range of Health and wellbeing resources are available online for staff.Check the following government websites for changes and alerts at www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au or www.covid19.qld.gov.au
1800 333 864