A grant is a one-time supply of goods or equipment to assist students with the most needs with their studies or placement. A number of different grants are e.g. books, uniforms, computers and placement.
Complete the online KickStart registration. You will then be notified via email if you are eligible for the grants you have applied for. Below is a list of all the grants we currently have available. For further information on what each grant provides please see list below. You must be:
- Enrolled at a FedUni campus
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree (i.e. bachelor degree)
Please note the following grants do require additional information to be completed. You can view each grant below and what is required.
Eligible students are provided with a $250 voucher to use at a FedUni bookstore to assist with the cost of textbooks. Students need to be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus in the first year of an undergraduate degree. Eligible students may be awarded a maximum of one (1) Book Grant.
Availability: Ongoing while stocks last
The nursing grant allows eligible students to apply for a complete nursing kit. Students need to be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus in the first year of an undergraduate nursing degree.
Availability: The Nursing kit is only available for commencing 2018 students only.
PLEASE NOTE THE ONLY PLACEMENT GRANT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IS THE RURAL TEACHER GRANT.
The KickStart and Rural Health Placement Grant monies are fully expended for 2018.
This grant is to support undergraduate students who require financial assistance to ensure they are able to fully participate in the professional development opportunities related to their program.
There are three types of placement grants available that do differ in eligibility requirements.
- KickStart Placement Grants - To be eligible students must be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus and be completing a placement in any year of an undergraduate degree. Students can apply for one KickStart placement grant per year. Eligible students can receive $100- $200 per week of placement (and a maximum of $1000) and is funding dependent.
- Rural Health Placement Grants - as part of the Rural Health Multidisciplinary Training (RHMT) program, eligible students can receive $200 per week of placement. To be eligible for the grant you completing placement in a 4 week block or more in a rural area other than the town you currently reside.
- Teacher Rural Placement Grants- As part of the Teacher Rural Placement Program, eligible students can receive $200 per week of placement. Students must be in their 3rd or final year of a Bachelor of Education program. Students that receive this grant MUST complete the Rural Teacher Placement Survey once placement has finished
Additional information required
To apply for a placement grant you must complete the additional information form. We will determine which grant is relevant and send you a notification outlining the conditions of the grant.
Please do not complete the additional information unless your placement details have been confirmed (i.e. location and dates are confirmed). Incomplete additional information forms will not be reviewed.
USEFUL RESOURCE - For FedUni students studying Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedicine, Social Work or Exercise Physiology
Rural Health online has been developed to help you to understand how working in a rural health setting can be different from urban health settings and what to look for on your rural health experience. The online learning unit consists of ten short online mini-modules for you to work through. It will take you around an hour and a half to complete all modules. You can log out and come back and complete modules not yet completed.
The clothing grant provides eligible students with a voucher to use at a FedUni Store to purchase required uniforms for placements and labs etc. Students need to be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus in an undergraduate degree. Eligible students may be awarded a maximum of one (1) Clothing Grant.
Availability: Clothing grants are available for 2018 commencing students only.
Applications for Semester 2 , 2018 are CLOSED
The computer grant provides eligible students with a laptop (subject to availability). To be eligible, students need to be enrolled full-time at a FedUni campus in an undergraduate degree with 12 months or more remaining until the completion of the degree. Computers are available post census of each semester. Applications closed 10th August 2018.
To apply students must complete the additional information
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application the week commencing 20th August 2018.
Availability: limited awards
The Development Grant provides FedUni students experiencing financial disadvantage an opportunity to access professional and personal development opportunities. The activity/event may be a requirement of the course; be offered at; or be external to the university. The student may be a participant or the organiser of the activity/event.
Students should demonstrate that the activity/event will;
- improve academic and or/professional experience
- enhanced core employability skills (eg: professional memberships, networking events)
- personal development (leadership attributes)
This grant provides full-time undergraduate FedUni students experiencing financial disadvantage, an opportunity to access items and equipment necessary to the complete their program of study and /or is a reasonable expectation of their program of study to contribute to professional and personal development. For example, performing arts students may apply for a grant to purchase necessary dance equipment. Eligible students may be awarded a maximum of one (1) Specialist Equipment Grant.
Students need to demonstrate that the equipment;
- Is a requirement of the program of study; academic and/or professional experience
- Is a reasonable expectation with links to academic/employability outcomes