Engineering Excellence Scholarship
|Status||Opening date||Closing date|
|Open||14 August 2020||4 January 2021|
Recipients of this scholarship will be eligible to receive:
- $5000 per annum, to a maximum of four years
- Lifestyle products and services including a merchandise pack, Zone 4 parking permit (Mt Helen Campus only) and gym membership: Unisports (Ballarat) or Latrobe Leisure Centre (Gippsland)
- Text book allowance
- Guaranteed place in the Career Advantage Professional Development series
- Priority for Industry Placement Program; and
- Priority $300 Development Grant for professional and personal development
Unlimited. All eligible students will receive this scholarship.
You must meet each of the following requirements to receive this scholarship:
- You must have completed an Australian Year 12 or International Baccalaureate (IB) in 2020;
- You must be an Australian citizen or an Australian humanitarian visa holder;
- You must achieve an ATAR (excluding adjustment factors) of 80 to 89.5*;
- You must receive an offer into one of the following FedUni engineering programs in the VTAC January offer round**:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Mechatronic Systems Engineering (Honours)
We respect that many people have been affected by the COVID 19 pandemic and that this might affect academic performance. In recognition of this impact, we invite all interested students, irrespective of ATAR outcome, to apply for our scholarships.
* Applicants who achieve an offer of ATAR 90 or above will be automatically assessed for the FedUni High Achievers Scholarships in the VTAC January offer round and all subsequent VTAC rounds for 2021 Semester One entry.
** Applicants who add an engineering honours course to their VTAC preferences after the January round will be automatically assessed for the FedUni High Achievers Scholarship in the subsequent VTAC rounds for 2021 semester one entry.
No application is required, ensure you have added one of the eligible engineering programs to your VTAC preferences by 4 January 2021. All eligible students will be assessed during the VTAC January offer round.
Successful recipients must fulfil the following conditions for the continued receipt of this scholarship:
- You must commence your studies in 2021, the scholarship cannot be deferred;
- You must maintain a full-time enrolment for the duration of your program; and
- You must maintain a distinction average (Grade Point Average of 6.0 or higher) each semester.
Scholarships, Bursaries & Grants Office
Telephone +61 3 5327 9340