Early Childhood Scholarships
|Status||Opening date||Closing date|
|Open||1 January 2021||1 December 2021|
The Andrews Labor Government is providing more than 400 scholarships to assist people to pursue a rewarding career as an early childhood teacher. Early Childhood Australia Vic Branch will deliver the Early Childhood Scholarships Program with eligible recipients receiving up to $25,000 towards a bachelor qualification and up to $18,000 towards a postgraduate qualification, including for existing teachers wanting to up-skill.
Recipients will receive up to:
- $25,000 towards an approved early childhood bachelor degree
- $12,000 towards an approved early childhood graduate diploma
- $18,000 towards an approved early childhood masters qualification.
Scholarships are available for people looking to become an early childhood teacher through study in a degree or postgraduate qualification. Educators wanting to upskill and take the next step to become degree-qualified are also eligible. People who are already studying an approved bachelor or post-graduate teaching qualification, and commenced from January 2017 onwards, are also eligible to apply.
The following courses are eligible for the scholarship:
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- An Australian citizen; or New Zealand citizen; or an Australian permanent resident
- A continuing or new commencing student in the area of Early Childhood Education
Level of study
Undergraduate and postgraduate
Please see current guidelines for further information
How to apply
Via the website www.education.vic.gov.au/ecscholarships