2021 International Excellence Scholarship
Undergraduate and postgraduate degree scholarships
The International Excellence scholarship commencing 2021 is equivalent to 12% of your total program tuition fees, payable per semester based on your enrolment.
The scholarship will apply for the normal duration of your program.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be:
- A prospective international student
- Eligible to study in Australia with a valid visa
- Not have accepted, or be in receipt of, any other FedUni scholarship or bursary, or any other reduced fee arrangements at the time of entry to the University (with the exception of Federation University Accommodation Scholarship
- Not be in receipt of credit transfers of exemptions
- Meet minimum academic English entry requirement and offered with no more than 10 weeks English pathway program (e.g. academic IELTS overall 5.5 with no band less than 5.5 for general programs);
- Meet the following academic performance requirements:
- Undergraduate degree program – overall academic performance with 'Distinction' in Year 12 (senior high school).
- Postgraduate degree program – overall academic performance with 'Credit' in bachelor degree study from HE Section 1 University - View GPA Calculations here
- Enrolling in an eligible program
- Enrolling in a program at a higher level than your existing qualification
- Studying full-time at a home campus of Federation University Australia. Home campuses are located in Ballarat, Gippsland and Berwick. These scholarships do not apply to students studying at a Federation University Partner Provider teaching location.
Selection of successful applicants for the limited number of scholarships is competitive, and may require scores above the minimum requirements.
To be eligible for a scholarship you must be enrolling in an eligible degree program. This is a program which is:
- Delivered on campus at Federation University Australia
- Registered on CRICOS
- Delivered by coursework.
How to apply
Students will be automatically assessed for scholarships when applying for an eligible on-campus program at Federation University Australia. There is no need for a separate application.
Accepting your scholarship
On accepting your offer into your program, you will be deemed to have accepted the scholarship offer.
Conditions of Scholarship
- As a recipient of the scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled in an on-campus undergraduate or postgraduate degree program by coursework – that is, studying at Ballarat, Berwick or Gippsland campuses of Federation University Australia;
- Maintain a full study load which enables you to complete your studies in the duration listed on your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- Not be in receipt of credit transfers or exemptions;
- Behave in a manner which upholds the positive reputation of the University;
Seek independent advice in relation to implications for taxation and/or effect of the scholarship on other government benefits.
- If you receive this scholarship, you are required to pay your fees due in advance listed in your International Student Offer and Acceptance Agreement, and your Overseas Student Health Cover. To continue receiving your scholarship into your second semester, you must continue to pay your tuition fees by the census date each semester.
- If you withdraw from a course of study after close of business on the Census date, you will
- Be able to retain your scholarship provided you continue to meet the scholarship conditions;
- Have your subsequent payment instalment adjusted to a pro rata payment for the next semester.
- If you withdraw from your degree after close of business on the Census date, or if you cease to study at a Federation University campus in Ballarat, Gippsland or Berwick, you will:
- Forfeit the scholarship and not be eligible to apply for a scholarship if you re-enrol at a later date;
- Be liable to repay the payment for the current semester
- The scholarship will be awarded for study in a specific degree and is not transferrable. Under exceptional circumstances the Dean of the relevant School may approve transfer of the scholarship to another degree. If you remain in the same degree program, but change your stream or teaching location. You will be able to retain your scholarship
- The scholarship cannot be deferred.
- If you take leave of absence from your degree, you may forfeit the scholarship and will be ineligible to apply for the scholarship upon your return from leave of absence. In exceptional circumstances the relevant Executive Dean of the Faculty may approve continuation of your scholarship on your return from a period of leave of absence.
Right of appeal
The University regards any decision in relation to these scholarships as final and will not entertain any appeal.