Placement grant

This grant is to support domestic undergraduate students who require financial assistance to ensure they are able to fully participate in the professional development opportunities related to their program. International students are not eligible to apply. Please note Going Rural have provided an online Resilience and Self -Care Package that students can access anytime. This free online course is especially important during these current times and we encourage students to utilise these useful tools.

  • Placement Grants - To be eligible students must be enrolled at a Federation campus and be completing a placement in any year of an undergraduate degree. Students must demonstrate a high level of financial or personal need to be eligible. Eligible students can receive $200 per week of placement (and a maximum of $1000 per year) and is funding dependent. Students can only apply if their placement details have been confirmed.

Useful resource

For students studying nursing, midwifery, paramedicine, social work or exercise physiology

Rural Health online has been developed to help you to understand how working in a rural health setting can be different from urban health settings and what to look for on your rural health experience. The online learning unit consists of ten short online mini-modules for you to work through. It will take you around an hour and a half to complete all modules. You can log out and come back and complete modules not yet completed.

External Placement Grant Funding Available

Please see links below for external placement grant funding in which students may be eligible to apply for through the Rural Workforce Agency Victoria and Going Rural Health. Please note you cannot receive funding from both sources for the same placement. Each external source have their own eligibility requirements. Please see links for further information and details on how to apply.

RWAV Placement Funding

Going Rural Health