Federation University Disaster Assistance Scheme
Federation University supports those affected by the current bushfire crisis.
Our community is deeply saddened by the devastation caused from the bushfires gripping many parts of our country including East Gippsland.
Our Gippsland Campus at Churchill has not been directly impacted by the East Gippsland fires, however it is possible that some of our students may have been affected.
We have implemented the Federation University Disaster Assistance Scheme to provide support for any impacted students. If you have been impacted by these recent bushfires, there is a variety of support services available, including financial assistance, free replacement of study materials destroyed in the bushfires, including textbooks, computer equipment, or uniforms, counselling and flexibility with study deadlines.
Please contact Federation University on 1800 FED UNI (1800 333 864) for advice on how to access the scheme.
We’re here to help
Federation University can provide personal support and assist with a combination of services for current and commencing students. For further information and specific help please contact us on 1800 333 864 regarding any of the following support services:
- Financial assistance
- Scholarship applications
- Accessing counselling
- Applying for special consideration if you are unable to complete an assessment task on time
- Guidance on timetabling and study flexibility to complete assignments and assessments
We encourage you to refer to the following sites depending on your location, to stay up to date with the most current information, incidents and warnings relating to the bushfires.
- Emergency NSW
- Queensland Rural Fire Service
- ACT Emergency Services Agency
- South Australian Country Fire Services
- NT Police, Fire & Emergency Services
- Tasmania Fire Service
- Emergency WA
Thank you for your support
We would like to say a huge thank you to the tremendous work of the fire fighters, emergency service workers and many volunteers who have dedicated their time to protect people, animals, homes and land and continue to do so.
If you would like to offer your support, you can help and make a difference. The following organisations are accepting financial donations, goods donations and provide ways for you to volunteer:
- Gippsland Emergency Relief Fund
- CFA Victoria
- NSW Rural Fire Service
- Vinnies Bushfire Appeal
- Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- WIRES – NSW Emergency Fund for Wildlife
- Goongerah Wombat Orphanage – GoFundMe campaign
- Goongerah Wombat Orphanage – Direct Donation
- Wallabia Wildlife Shelter
- East Gippsland Bushfire Wildlife Emergency Fund
- Basil Brush Wildlife Shelter
- Raymond Island Koala & Wildlife Shelter Inc.
- Animal Rescue Collective
- Animal Rescue Collective – Fundraising page for wildlife affected in East Gippsland
- Animal Rescue Collective - FAQ
- Animal Rescue Collective Craft Guild
- Mallacoota Wildlife Shelter
- Wildlife Victoria – Victorian Bushfire Appeal