Who can apply?
What kind of student is best for the Senate? Any kind of student! The Senate thrives on a diversity of views and experiences.
But, there are some rules for eligibility. To be eligible for any student representative role, at the time of applying you must be:
- studying at a time fraction of 0.5 or more with Federation University Australia
- not be employed by the University at a time fraction of 0.5 or more
- 18 years or over (with the exception of Federation College and VCAL students)
- not currently serving a custodial sentence
- not have served on the Senate for two consecutive elected terms previously.
Roles on the Senate are either one year or two years long. Even if you expect you will graduate during that period, you are still very welcome to apply.