Edit your profile
To edit your user profile
You don't need to edit your profile to use Moodle but you may want to edit it to upload a picture of yourself that will appear when you post to forums.
Note: All items with a red * must be completed in order to save your profile.
- Hover over your name in the top right hand corner and select My preferences.
- From Under User account select Edit profile.
- You have the ability to change your first name to your preferred name.
- You cannot change your email address. If you need to forward your student email please do this from within the Student webmail client by auto forwarding your student emails.
- You can change the Email display setting to Hide my email address from everyone if you do not want people to discover your email address in Moodle.
- You may set the City/Town and Country.
- Only change the Timezone if you are studying outside of the default time zone. Making changes will effect the start and end times of scheduled tasks such as Assignments and Quizzes.
- If you wish, you may write something about yourself in the Description box.
- In the User picture area, drag a picture of yourself from your computer to the upload box. The image will then appear against all your forum posts.
- When you have finished editing your profile, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Update Profile.
Note: If Moodle prevents you from saving, please check the red starred compulsory items.