ASK a FedUni student for information
The Academic Skills and Knowledge (ASK) program supports students with their development of study skills. Comprised of experienced student leaders, the ASK team is there to help answer any question a student has during their undergraduate degree, from referencing to finding a booklist.
The ASK service is available to any FedUni student, no matter where you're studying.
Senior students who have demonstrated abilities in academic writing, research and general all around study skills, have been trained to support first year students by offering drop-in sessions (individual or group) and workshops on academic skills.
Student leaders can provide assistance in the following areas:
- Digital literacy (email, Moodle, Turnitin)
- Interpreting assignment topics
- Essay and report structure
- Academic writing
- Exam preparation
- Study skills (time management, oral presentations)
- Referral to other services
How do I access the ASK service?
The ASK Service can be contacted in person, or online. You can find the ASK Desk on campus at the following locations:
- Berwick: Library Ground Floor, Monday - Thursday, 9.30 - 3.30
- Camp St: Student Lounge, (opening hours available at desk)
- Churchill: Library Ground Floor, Monday - Thursday, 9.30 - 3.30
- Mt Helen: Library Ground Floor, Monday - Thursday, 9.30 - 3.30
You can also contact the service by email, phone or even Facebook using the following details:
Want the inside scoop?
Stuff Students Need to Know is a blog written by the student leaders that run the ASK service.
These leaders write posts frequently to help out with student life. You can find a range of advice here, including study tips, time management, and even how to defer exams. The blog is written by students who have been through this before and offer advice based around their own experience.
You can get to the blog simply by going to: askstudents.edublogs.org