Understanding your invoice

Your invoice lists your current fees and charges and the payment due date/s. For information on how to read your invoice download Your tax invoice/statement explained (PDF, 288.8 KB). It is important that any payment required is made in full by the due date.

When do I receive an invoice?

Tuition fees are calculated at the beginning of each semester and you will receive an invoice after your fees are calculated. Your fees are based on your enrolment, so it's important that you're correctly enrolled.

Invoices are issued weekly and a new tax invoice/statement will be generated for any financial activity that has occurred on your student finance account. For invoice issue dates and payment due please visit the payment dates page.

How do I get an invoice?

When a new invoice is issued a notification will be sent to your student email with your invoice PDF attached. It's important that you regularly check your email and access your invoices to ensure you're aware of your financial obligations. All of your tax invoices/statements are available for you to view and print from your my Student Centre account. To access your invoices:

Your invoice is issued electronically and paper invoices are not mailed. It is your responsibility to ensure your financial obligations are met by the relevant due dates.

I want to defer my fees

If you've chosen to defer your fees with HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP, SA-HELP, VET FEE-HELP or a VET Student Loan you will still receive an invoice each semester. This gives you the opportunity to pay all or part of your fees upfront prior to census date.

If you've successfully applied for a HELP loan and supplied your Tax File Number (TFN) your eligible fees will automatically be deferred to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) soon after each census date. You will continue to see your HELP eligible fees on your student account until the deferral is processed after census date.

FAQ: Why do I have fees owing on my Student Centre but I will be deferring to HECS-HELP?

You will have fees owing on my Student Centre as all Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) students receive an invoice for their Student Contribution and Student Services & Amenities Fee each semester.

You can choose to:
  • let all your fees defer to your HELP loan
  • pay part of your fees and defer the remainder to your HELP loan
  • not defer your fees to HELP and pay your fees upfront

Your fees will remain owing on my Student Centre until we run the HELP deferral process, which is shortly after the semester payment due date has passed.

You will automatically have your Student Contribution deferred to HECS-HELP and/or your Student Services & Amenities Fee deferred to SA-HELP shortly after the semester payment due date if you have:

  • met all the eligibility criteria for a HELP loan,
  • completed your HECS-HELP and/or SA-HELP Commonwealth Assistance Forms (eCAF) in mySC
  • provided Federation University with your Tax File Number (TFN) and Unique Student Identifier (USI)

You will be contacted via your Federation University student email if there is an issue with deferring your fees to your HELP loan.

You can confirm that you have completed your Commonwealth Assistance Forms and provided your Tax File Number via your mySC Student Centre:

  • Log into my Student Centre
  • select the Campus Finance tile
  • select the eCAF Summary and/or SAHELP Summary tiles to check if you’ve submitted your HELP requests
  • select the Tax File Number tile to check if you’ve submitted your TFN
  • select the Personal Information tile and click on Unique Student Identifier to check if you’ve submitted your USI

For instructions on how to submit your eCAF or SA-HELP form please click here.