Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)

The Government administers the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) which consists of four HELP loans schemes to assist eligible students with the cost of their fees. As a domestic student, there may be a HELP loan available to assist you in meeting the cost of studying.

International students are not eligible to access HELP loans.

HECS-HELP is a loan to help eligible Commonwealth supported place (CSP) students pay for their student contribution amounts (SCA).

FEE-HELP is a loan to help eligible fee domestic paying students pay for their tuition fees.

SA-HELP is a loan that assists eligible students to pay for all or part of their student services and amenities fee (SSAF).

OS-HELP is a loan to help eligible Commonwealth supported students pay for their overseas study expenses. For further information please visit our study abroad and exchange program page.

New Zealand citizen HELP eligibility

The Australian Government implemented changes to allow New Zealand citizens who are Special Category Visa (SCV) holders and meet all of the requisite criteria access to HELP loans from 1 January 2016. For further information relating to New Zealand citizens please visit StudyAssist.