Fees by level of study

Your fees will vary depending on the level of study, the type of course you choose and whether you are eligible for any financial assistance.

There are also different fee structures for domestic and international students so please be careful to select the right information for you.

Domestic students

You are a domestic student if you’re an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or an Australian permanent resident.

TAFE / Vocational Education & Training

Federation TAFE offers a range of Vocational Education & Training (VET) courses, including certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, apprenticeships, traineeships and VCAL. Course fees will vary depending on the course and your eligibility for government subsidised training. In some instances we may be able to offer eligibility exemptions, where a student would not normally be eligible for government subsidised training. Some courses may be free under the Victorian Government's Free TAFE for Priority Courses Initiative.

Visit our TAFE fees page to learn more..

Undergraduate fees

All of our undergraduate courses, including bachelor, associate degree and honours offer Commonwealth supported places (CSP). Commonwealth supported students make a contribution towards the cost of their course and the Australian Government contributes the rest. You may be eligible to defer payment of your fees through the HECS-HELP loan scheme.

Visit our Commonwealth supported place page or HECS-HELP page to learn more.

Most of our postgraduate courses, including graduate certificate, graduate diploma and master by coursework are full fee-paying places however, some of our postgraduate courses do offer Commonwealth supported places. Federation University does not receive any government funding for fee-paying places and students contribute the full cost of their course.  You may be eligible to defer payment of your fees through the FEE-HELP loan scheme.

Visit our domestic fee-paying page or FEE-HELP page to learn more.

International students

You are an international student if you're a temporary resident of Australia or citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.

Visit our international student fee page to learn more.