Health Centre - Mt Helen
The Health Centre located at the Mt Helen Campus, is accredited with AGPAL and provides confidential consultations by appointment to the University community and travel health consultations to the general public.
Monday to Thursday - 9 am to 3 pm
Fridays - 9 am to 2 pm
Booking an appointment
Appointments can be made by using the Book an appointment link at the top of the page or calling 03 53279477.
We are currently operating within social distancing guidelines.
Please phone ahead before attending the clinic, if you are experiencing COVID-19 or cold and flu-like symptoms and have recently travelled to a Tier 1 site, or have been in contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
Services are bulk billed for student, Health Care Card holders and children under 16. Domestic patients should supply their medicare card, international patients need to bring in their overseas health cover card.
Standard consultation fees apply for those who don't fall into the above categories:
- out of pocket cost = $40.90
- standard fee = $80
- long consultation = $116.65
- Extended consultation = $152.40
- Medicare rebates apply
Payment on the day by EFTPOS (debit/credit card). Debit card enables you to get your rebate immediately. Payment can be made by credit card, however, rebates can only be paid into a debit card or received by presenting your receipt to Medicare online or in person.
- Management and treatment for general illness
- Mental Health treatment referral and management
- Pathology collection including urine tests
- Immunisation for placements, travel, seasonal flu for staff (only)
- Pap Smears, breast checks, pregnancy advice and unplanned pregnancy counselling and referral.
- Contraception advice including referral for implanon insertion and removal
- Sports Medicine
- Men’ preventative health checks including blood pressure monitoring
- Referrals to specialists and pathology
- Sexual Health
- Medical Certificates
- Special Consideration
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Alcohol and drug issues
Advice by appointment we are accredited for Yellow Fever. Consultations are bulk billed, travel vaccinations are charged at a competitive rate and available on site.
Payment on the day by EFTPOS (Debit/Credit card).
Information flyers available:
- Acute altitude sickness (pdf 293 kb)
- Diarrhoea (pdf 259kb)
- How to avoid health hazards (pdf 274 kb)
- Jet lag (pdf 186 kb)
- Malaria (pdf 199 kb)
- Yellow Fever (pdf 205 kb)
Individuals who wish to provide feedback or put in a complaint are encouraged to contact the Health Centre Administration Officer via email on email@example.com. You may also wish to contact the Health Complaints Commissioner hcc.vic.gov.au if you think your complaint is of a serious nature.