Student loan information
Students must be:
- Enrolled in an award program at a Federation University Australia campus
- Over 18 years of age
- Able to demonstrate the ability to make regular repayments
- Have no outstanding student loans;
- Able to demonstrate financial hardship
- If the loan is over $1000, provide details of a guarantor.
How to apply
- Make an appointment with the Student Financial Support Officer by contacting Student Support.
- Download the Student Loan form (pdf, 101kb)
- Provide supporting documents: bank details and statements for the previous two months, payslips and statement from Centrelink, plus any outstanding bills
- If applying for a loan over $1000 bring in guarantor information.
Note: loans must be repaid at least two months prior to graduation. Payments can be fortnightly or monthly. Loans less than $1000 must be repaid within 12 months.
Please bring your supporting documents and allow up to one hour for your appointment.
Please refer to the Student Financial Assistance Policy (pdf, 115kb) and Student Financial Assistance Procedure (pdf, 162kb) for more information.