Community crisis and financial support services
- Anglicare - Provide services such as emergency food and crisis accommodation, and build capacity for sustainable living through programs like foster care, financial counselling, parent education and group work.
- Centacare - Aims to address the needs of its clients, advocate for change and equity, deliver creative and flexible services and improve community access for all.
- Ballarat and Grampians Community Legal Service - Providing high quality professional legal services, education, support and advocacy to promote inclusion and enhance collaboration
- Centrelink - Is delivered by the Australian Government Department of Human Services and supports people with payments and services at times of major change.
- Community Housing Ltd - Assessment-based housing information and referral, and rental assistance.
- Consumer Affairs - Within the Department of Justice, it is there to help you become aware of your rights and responsibilities as a consumer or trader. You can talk to them about things such as renting, fair trading, refunds and returns, forms and publications, clubs and not-for-profits or complaints you might have about purchased goods or services.
- FMC Mediation and Counselling Victoria
- Salvation Army - Their mission is to meet human need wherever it occurs, without discrimination, supporting individuals and families with such things as addictions, domestic violence, homelessness and employment.
- St Vincent de Paul - Assists people in need and is a champion for social injustice. Material aid can take the form of food, clothing and household goods.
- State Government Department of Health and Human Services - Plans, funds and delivers health, community and housing services.
- Uniting Care - A not-for-profit community service organisation delivering support to those in need.
- Victoria Legal Aid - Free legal information and advice.
- Breezeway Meals Program - Located at 105 Dana Street Ballarat, this program is managed and funded by UnitingCare Ballarat. They provide free meals and take-away sandwiches and fruit for people in need and operate from 10.30am to 1.30pm each day.
- CAFS - Child and Family Services Ballarat is a community service organisation that provides a range of programs and services to children, young people and families who are vulnerable or in need of support, including financial counselling and gamblers help.
- Peplow House - A service offered by Centrecare: Supported accommodation for men, located at 4 Webster Street, Ballarat 3350, telephone: (03) 5332 4466.
- Better Place Australia - Aim to empower people to learn, grow and achieve goals they otherwise may not have been able to achieve by providing support and assistance. Phone 1800 639 523 to find a place near you.
- Horsham Christian emergency food centre - Created to help people in need, in Horsham and surrounding districts.
- Wimmera Uniting Care - A not-for-profit community service organisation that supports and strengthens individuals, families and communities in the Wimmera. They are an agency of the Uniting Church Network in Victoria and have offices in Horsham and Stawell.