To be eligible as an elite athlete or coach you must be currently competing or coaching at a minimum level;
- State Squad member from an Australian Sports Commission recognised and funded sport
- Listed in the top grade or under age level of a State League competition such as: Victorian Football League (Australian Rules), State League 1 (Football Federation Victoria), Premier Grade Cricket, Victorian Netball League or the South East Australian Basketball League.
An elite performer is a person who participates in significant state, national or international performances, productions installations, competitions or events.
For performers to access the program, they must demonstrate their endorsement by a state, national or international level performance organisation.
If a performer cannot demonstrate their endorsement by state, national or international level performance organisations, they may submit a request to be considered an elite performer on the basis of having;
- Achieved significant success in a major artistic performing arts competition (outside of the applicants VCE/high school curriculum);
- Undertaken a major role in commercial arts production as a performer and/or producer outside of their University course requirements;
- Contracted with a major commercial music label or producer or equivalent commercial partner in any of the above fields; or
- Achieved significant success as an independent artist/producer with a documented track record in any of the fields listed above.