IPP runs over a three-year period, which encompasses professional development sessions, industry placement and an academic course assessment.
The program is designed to prepare you for life after university and equip you with essential workplace skills. The Professional Development sessions aim to prepare you before you commence your industry placement and ensure you are ‘job ready’.
Placements are either two 13-week periods (engineering students) or one 26-week period. You will generally commence your placement towards the end of your second or third year. This is dependent on a student's study program. Whilst on placement students receive fortnightly payments to the total of either a $7,500 or $15,000 scholarship payment, based on the duration of the placement.
Benefits for a student
- Up to $15,000 industry scholarship (funded by your host organisation)
- Real life workplace experience
- Hands-on workplace skills
- Develop essential career skills
- Career exploration
- Resume enhancer
- Possible future employment
- Unit credit
Note: New students applying for admission within one of the eligible study areas listed below are encouraged to submit an application in to the Industry Placement Program. The Industry Placement Program is open to students who are planning to or are currently studying an undergraduate, domestic, full-time, on-campus bachelor degree at FedUni in:
- Arts (selected majors such as: Public Relations or Media Communications)
- Business and economics
- Engineering (Civil and Mechatronics)
- Information technology
To be eligible applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Sound academic achievement
- Involvement in school and community activities
- Leadership and teamwork experience
- Previous work experience
- Motivation, enthusiasm and commitment.
Note: IPP is not offered to students studying a course which already has a compulsory placement component, including but not limited to students studying nursing, midwifery, education, social and community welfare or psychology.
If you’re ready to take your university experience to a whole new level apply today.
For more information regarding the Industry Placement Program, please call (03) 5122 6425 or email firstname.lastname@example.org