The Industry Placement Program (IPP) can provide the stepping stone to further your development beyond university.
Take your degree to the next level
- Gain real-life workplace skills through hands-on experience and understand employer expectations
- Network in your industry, and improve your industry knowledge
- Discover and explore future career paths
Gain experience and rewards
- Gain up to 6 months of industry experience in your final year of study
- Academic credit points towards your degree
- 800 hour IPP placements: 6 months full-time or 12 months part-time (30 Credit Points)
- 400 hour IPP placements: 3 months full-time or 6 months part-time (15 Credit Points)
Engineering IPP placements occur during the summer vacation period, once a student has successfully completed two years of study. They occur in the summer after the second or third year.
Students that are successful in securing an IPP placement, receive an industry-funded scholarship:
- $15,000 for 800 hours of placement
- $7,500 for 400-450 hours of placement
IPP is available to students studying undergraduate degrees in the following areas:
- Information technology
International students studying an undergraduate bachelor degree at Federation University are also eligible to apply.
Students must have the elective capacity available within their study plan to accommodate an industry placement. Contact Student HQ for further information.
IPP is not offered to students studying a program that has a compulsory placement component. This includes, but is not limited to, students studying nursing, midwifery, education, social and community welfare or psychology.
More information can be found in the following documents:
*Note: The IPP team cannot guarantee they will be successful in finding students a placement opportunity. Undertaking an IPP placement is optional. Students are encouraged to explore a range of Work Integrated Learning (WIL) placement opportunities.