Students apply for IPP projects by uploading a resume to the InPlace Student Placement System.
Host organisations, shortlist and interview applicants.
To prepare and assist you, it is highly recommended that students engage with the University's career and professional development support services. These include:
- Career Accelerate Program
- Interview practice via EDGE mock interviews
- Appointments with University career advisors via EDGE
Career Accelerate Program
The Career Accelerate Program (CAP) is a free fully online, self-paced Moodle course that provides you with the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge to gain a placement or employment.
You can take the whole program or pick and choose the topics you want when you need them.
CAP topics include:
- Writing job applications - cover letter, resumes, key selection criteria.
- Improving job interview performance.
- Developing your unique personal brand and networking.
- Understanding workplace culture and appropriate business communication.
- Researching career and industry options for your course.
- Understanding workplace rights and responsibilities.
For more information or if you have difficulties self-enrolling, please contact the Careers and Employability team via email: email@example.com.
There are a range of practice interviews for students to try out in your own time. You will:
- Be asked targeted, discipline-specific questions in our pre-recorded videos.
- Record your answers in real-time and review them.
- Request feedback once completed (optional).
You can find these mock interviews by logging in to Edge, click on 'Resources' and from the drop-down menu, select 'Mock Interviews'.
Appointments with a career counsellor can be made by logging into Edge.
The Careers and Employability team can assist in preparing domestic and international Federation University students for placement opportunities. Their services are:
- Available to both domestic and international students
Find out about Edge and how to use it.