The Industry Placement Program (IPP) provides an opportunity for organisations across multiple fields to tap into the next generation of graduates. In partnering with the Industry Placement Program, your organisation will have access to undergraduate students for up to 26 weeks of full-time placement. Each student is carefully selected and prepared through our Professional Development program, to ensure they have skills, interests and motivation to make a positive impact within your workplace.
This program is designed to assist your organisation's long-term goals, by developing and attracting new talent, which will inspire students to pursue a career in your industry.
Benefits for an organisation
- The opportunity to access future graduates in your workplace and retain them for your long-term recruitment needs
- Flexible and enthusiastic students who meet your business needs
- The IPP team will work closely with your organisation to determine your specific needs. A student will then be selected not only for their academic qualities, but also demonstrated leadership and personal motivation
- On-going support and advice from Federation University Australia.
- Skilled undergraduate students at competitive rates, and with none of the usual administrative hassles
- Networking opportunities with other host organisations
- The sense of satisfaction from having passed on your skills and experience to the next generation of young graduates.
- Give back to the community
- Provide a fresh perspective on your internal organisational environment – having an evaluation and feedback session with interns can provide valuable insight on organisational operations
- It can be a way to reinvigorate senior staff and highlight the fact that the work they do is valuable, and plays a vital role in developing future talent
- Students who have a positive placement experience quickly convey this to fellow students, family and other members of the community, creating positive word-of-mouth and enhancing your organisation’s reputation.