The Industry Placement Program (IPP) provides an opportunity for organisations across multiple fields to tap into the next generation of graduates.
In partnering with the IPP, your organisation will have access to undergraduate students for either 800 hours or 400-450 hours; part-time or full-time placement.
Students are carefully selected to ensure they have the skills, interest and motivation to make a positive impact within your workplace.
800 hours: 6 months full-time or 12 months part-time [industry investment $20,000 + GST]
400-450 hours: 3 months full-time or 6 months part-time [industry investment $10,000 + GST]
*NOTE: Engineering students are required to complete a minimum of 450 placement hours
When would you like the IPP placement to take place? View the timeline here.
IPP benefits local industry
- The opportunity to access future graduates in your workplace and retain them for your long-term recruitment needs
- Flexible and enthusiastic students who meet your business needs
- On-going support and advice from Federation University Australia
- Skilled undergraduate students at competitive rates, and with none of the usual administrative hassles
- Networking opportunities with other host organisations
- The sense of satisfaction from having passed on your skills and experience to the next generation of young graduates.
- Give back to the community
- Provide a fresh perspective on your internal organisational environment – having an evaluation and feedback session with interns can provide valuable insight on organisational operations
- It can be a way to reinvigorate senior staff and highlight the fact that the work they do is valuable, and plays a vital role in developing future talent
- Students who have a positive placement experience quickly convey this to fellow students, family and other members of the community, creating positive word-of-mouth and enhancing your organisation’s reputation.
If your organisation would like to be part of the IPP contact us to find out more.
IPP resources for industry
- What is the Industry Placement Program? How does it work? Download the Information for Industry booklet.
- Did you know that it can take 6-8 weeks to set up a placement and secure a student's commencement date? Read more about the timeline.
- Organisations use this Project Scope template [PDF] to identify the project that students will complete during their IPP placement. Project Scope template [DOCX] also available.
- View examples of previous IPP projects and tasks .
- There are many ways your organisation can engage with our students, academic programs and graduates - information for employers can be found here.