Sustainable Practice Skill Set
National VET Sector Skills for Sustainability Professional Development Program
The National Centre for Sustainability - Federation University Australia and project partners were delighted to offer the opportunity for teachers in the vocational education and training sector to complete the TAE Sustainable Practice Skill Set.
The aim of this professional development was to build the capability of Australian VET practitioners to embed skills for sustainability into their training delivery.
The units completed were:
- TAESUS501A - Analyse and apply sustainability skills to learning programs
- TAESUS502A - Identify and apply current sustainability education principles and practice to learning programs
These units were delivered using a blend of face-to-face and online workshops in various metropolitan and regional locations around Australia.
All places were fully funded by the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE).
Workshops were delivered by the following partner providers:
- NCS - Federation University Australia
- NCS - Swinburne University of Technology
- NCS - Sunraysia Institute of TAFE
- NCS - Challenger Institute of Technology
- NCS - Tropical North Queensland Institute of TAFE
- Byron Region Community College
- Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE
- SkillsTech Australia
- TafeSA (Mt Barker)
Throughout 2013, the project partners delivered training workshops in every Australian state and territory to a total of 28 groups of VET practitioners. Delivery of these workshops commenced in June 2013.
Workshop locations are indicated in the map below.
View Sustainable Practice Skill Set - Workshop Locations Map in a larger map
Please check back to this website soon for further information on how VET practitioners can participate in this program.