Regional Carbon Innovation Centre
A report on the feasibility study for the proposed RCIC has been released. The study aims to evaluate the potential of the RCIC, covering viability, key benefits, potential locations, planning considerations and demands for a facility in support of an application for funding and subsequent planning and development stages.
Download the full feasibility study report from the ACI website (PDF, 10.8mb).
The proposed RCIC is intended as a physical collaborative hub for innovation, research and development, providing organisations with the opportunity to develop early-stage technologies to a demonstration and pre-commercialisation stage.
The RCIC would be the first facility its kind in Australia and has the potential to enable a new generation of investment, growth and jobs for Gippsland and the Latrobe Valley. It has so far received funding from ACI, FedUni and Regional Development Victoria, and is estimated to bring over 1,000 jobs to the Latrobe Valley.
Read more about the proposed RCIC on our News and Events page.
- 1Q 2019: Feasibility study completed
- 2Q 2019: Project commitment and business case funding
- 2020: Securing site and anchor tenant, design and construction, cost estimates, planning and site operation funding and modelling
- 2021: Site construction and development
- 2022: Detailed design and construction.