Bringing research and the community together
Our partnerships connect Federation University Australia’s research and innovation with industry, government and the community to create collaborations that have a positive impact.
These partnerships are productive, innovative, professional and mutually beneficial for our communities and regions.
Industry and community sectors
Our industry and community partnerships align Federation University Australia with a wide range of creators, builders and innovators in Ballarat, Gippsland/Berwick and beyond.
To help us enhance partnerships and further the University’s education, training, research and innovation goals, we’ve identified broad industry sectors and enabling areas relevant to the communities and regions in which we operate.
These industry sectors have been developed to reflect the University’s capabilities, focus and outcomes, and align closely with the priorities and needs of industries, government agencies and communities in our regions.
Agriculture and environment
- Agribusiness Innovation Hub
- Food and Fibre Gippsland
- Animal Health, Ecology and Diagnostics (AHEaD)
Culture, leisure, heritage and tourism
- Gippsland Archive and Interpretive Discovery Centre
- Creative Arts Precinct
- Bunjil Place
- Casey ARC/YMCA
- Casey Cardinia Business Network
Education, careers and community wellbeing
- Inner Gippsland Children and Youth Area Partnership
- Industry Placement Program
- Casey Cardinia Youth Network
- Local Learning and Employment Networks (LLENs)
- Department of Education and Training
Engineering, construction and manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing Centre for Excellence
- Regional Carbon Innovation Centre
- GHERG - Mine Project Work
- Enterprise Incubator Hub, Gippsland Innovation Centre
Health and wellbeing
- Latrobe Valley Health Innovation Zone
- Allied Health Partnership