SG and JG Scholarships
The SG and JG Scholarships are available for-
- One commencing Higher Education domestic female undergraduate (including honours) or postgraduate student at the Mt Helen campus.
- One scholarship available for a commencing Higher Education international female undergraduate or postgraduate MIT Melbourne campus student.
- One scholarship available for a commencing Higher Education international female undergraduate or postgraduate MIT Sydney campus student.
All applicants should ensure they complete the following steps:
- Complete KickStart;
- Answer the additional question on how a Foundation scholarship might assist; and
- Provide two written references from a Teacher, Employer etc.
(not from a family member).
References should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
Applications close Friday 29 March, 2019
Please read the Selection and Administration Guidelines
About Shesh Ghale and Jamuna Gurung
Shesh Ghale is the Chief Executive Officer of Melbourne Institute of Technology and, with Jamuna Gurung, a co-founder and Director of the Institute. They established MIT in 1996. The Institute has since grown and developed into one of Australia’s leading private higher education providers of degree and postgraduate degree courses in Business and Information Technology.
Shesh was born in Nepal and his initial tertiary education was in the former USSR from 1979 to 1986, graduating Master of Civil Engineering from Kharkov Automobile and Highway Institute. Shesh undertook his studies on a Nepalese Government scholarship and, on returning to Nepal, worked as a highway project engineer for the Nepalese Government Transport Department.
Relocating to Melbourne in 1990 to undertake further studies and to settle his family in Australia, Shesh graduated from Victoria University in 1994 with a Master of Business Administration.
Post his MBA studies, and coincident with establishing MIT, Shesh took up Australian citizenship in 1997 and served as Honorary Consul General of Nepal in Victoria from 1997 to 2000.
Shesh is actively involved in Melbourne’s business and commercial life and has a passionate commitment to education.