How to apply: Downer Engineering Scholarships
Applications open: 6 January, 2020
Applications close: 28 February, 2020
- Available for domestic undergraduate (including honours) students who are undertaking the Bachelor of Engineering with a major in Mining in the third or fourth year of their program.
- Read the Selection and Administration Guidelines to check your eligibility.
- Enter your information into KickStart.
Note: If you have previously completed KickStart, you are not required to complete it again. If you need to update details from KickStart, please contact the Scholarships office – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Answer the Foundation scholarship question:If successful, a Foundation Scholarship will support your academic study and life / career plans. In no more than 500 words demonstrate the personal characteristics and attributes that you consider necessary to succeed within the mining industry and examples from your daily life. While academic performance will be assessed as part of the selection process, Downer are looking for people with the right attitude and behaviours to complement the team and grow its business.
- Provide evidence that you have achieved a credit GPA or equivalent in the previous 12 month period.
- Provide two written references
Note: If you are unsure what to provide in a written reference, please refer to the example reference.
Please do not provide contact details only for referees. Only written references will be accepted.
References need to be from an academic and employer, if possible. References cannot be from a family member
Applicants who do not provide the above information by the closing date will be ineligible.
Please note that following applications closing, interviews will be held with Downer employees:-
- A phone interview for short-listed candidates; and
- An interview with the short-listed candidates.
Conditions: Students will be required to undertake vacation work with the Downer Group as part of this scholarship. Whilst undertaking work with the Downer Group, students are not permitted to undertake work with another mining company.