Two priorities are identified in the Strategic Plan to give effect to this objective of national prominence in educational, industry, community and government engagement by 2020.
1. To become a national leader in university engagement
By 2020 Federation University Australia will be recognised as a national leader in tertiary sector alliances, partnerships and collaborations. The University will achieve this by valuing, extending and promoting its commitment to educational, community, industry and government engagement. This will be achieved by:
- developing a Federation University Australia Engagement Plan
- ensuring domestic and international students and staff are key partners in this enterprise
- embedding ‘mutual benefit’ as a core element in all internal and external partnership arrangements; and
- raising awareness of alliances and engagement initiatives relevant to the University’s partners.
2. To continue to develop strategic and mutually rewarding partnerships and engagement with communities, industry and government
Building on current partnership arrangements with communities, industries and enterprises, the University’s collaborative reputation will be enhanced by:
- developing targeted, large, capital facilities for business incubation on the SMB Campus; expanding the Ballarat Technology Park; establishing an Innovation and Enterprise Centre in Latrobe City; and promoting the Wimmera Campus as a business development and economic growth facilitator in the Wimmera and Mallee
- strengthening ongoing engagement strategies with local government, and community and business organisations
- systematically measuring Federation University Australia engagement activities; and
- achieving external recognition of industry engagement.