FedUni, as a dual-sector university has a unique relationship with regional Victoria with more than 80 per cent of our domestic higher education, and more than 90 per cent of our VET students coming from a regional background.
On-shore and off-shore international students come from over 40 countries and account for 30 per cent of our student population, making FedUni a diverse and
dynamic regional university.
We see this blend of domestic and international students as a positive influence on who we are and what we stand for. The cultural diversity, the different regional and international backgrounds, and the programs we have in place that combine it all, provides an experience for students like no other. Students are our core focus and essential partners in the University’s goal of being recognised as a national leader in engagement by 2020.
- Use all forms of communication; social, digital and face-to-face, to communicate with students with clarity and timeliness in a language and style that they understand.
- Ensure that all student administrative touch-points continually evolve to reflect the changing needs and expectations so the student experience is positive from their first enquiry to graduation.
- Improve and extend networks and overseas study programs that build global employment opportunities for FedUni graduates.
- Embed formal industry placements and community engagement activities into degree and vocational education and training programs.
- Grow extra-curricular programs to build collegiality, networks, connections and support within and between all students, and between students and staff to support student success and retention.