TEH, Goay Lin
Master of Business Administration
IT Strategist Director, APJ Regional CIO
Dell Global Business Centre
What are some of your career highlights?
- Assume key leadership roles in a Global organisation empowered to drive strategies and delivering results to add values to the business segments.
- Assume key leadership in Dell Malaysia Council and key leader in APJ for IT.
- Assume key leadership in the Asia Pacific IT and then in Global IT.
Describe the most enjoyable and challenging aspects of your job:
- When I first joined the organisation, it was a fast growing company given the many opportunities to grow in the organisation into senior leadership roles.
- The organisation continue to evolve and the many great opportunities to work with many great leaders and people from Europe, US and Asia-Pacific
What are your strongest memories while you were studying at Federation University Australia?
- The knowledge gained is invaluable for future growth in my career.
- The strong support from the lecturers and the administrators as well as the MBA group made the experience a memorable one.
- The opportunity to build and bond with the classmates especially the group and to learn from each other, broadening our perspective and skills acquired in conceptualising and analysing a case or topic.
Do you have any advice about life after study to pass on to current students?
- Stay focus on what you want to do adding clarity to it by asking yourself "What are you doing, Why are you doing it, How will this add value?"
- Continue to growth to learn, keep abreast of what is happening around you, stay ahead of the curve
- Continue to do what you like or passionate about