If you’re considering studying at FedUni you could be eligible for a range of scholarships including Australian Federal Government Scholarships and FedUni Brisbane Scholarships.
The Australia Awards aim to promote knowledge, education links and enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours through Australia's extensive scholarship programs.
There are three programs available under the Australia Awards
- Endeavour Awards is the Australian Government's internationally competitive, merit-based scholarship program providing opportunities for citizens of the Asia Pacific, Middle East, Europe and the Americas to undertake study, research or professional development in Australia.
- Australian Awards Fellowships provide scholarship support for postgraduate studies in Australia and short-term fellowship opportunities in specialised research, study or professional attachments through participating Australian organisations.
- Australian Awards Scholarships aim to contribute to the long-term development needs of Australia's partner countries to promote good governance, economic growth and human development.
For more information about scholarships, visit the Australia Awards website.
Emerging Leaders Scholarship
The Emerging Leaders Scholarship (ELS) is open to future international students who intend to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Federation University Australia | Brisbane.
The Scholarship rewards applicants with a 20 per cent reduction in tuition fees for the duration of their studies. No application is necessary for the ELS as it is applied to all successful applications for study programs at FedUni Brisbane.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be:
- A prospective international student
- Eligible to study in Australia with a student visa
- Not have accepted, or be in receipt of, any other FedUni scholarship or bursary, or any other reduced fee arrangements at the time of entry to the University (with the exception of Federation University Australia Accommodation Scholarships)
- Not be in receipt of credit transfers or exemptions
- Meet minimum academic IELTS 5.5 with no band less than 5.5 (or equivalent)
- Enrolling in an eligible program
- Enrolling in a program at a higher level than your existing qualification
- Studying full-time at Federation University Australia | Brisbane.
To be eligible for a scholarship you must be enrolling in an eligible degree program. This is a program which is:
- Delivered on campus at Federation University Australia | Brisbane
- Registered on CRICOS
- Delivered by coursework.
How to apply
Students will be automatically assessed for scholarships when applying for an eligible on-campus degree program at Federation University Australia | Brisbane. There is no need for a separate application.
Accepting your scholarship
If you have an unconditional offer, you must accept the scholarship offer within four weeks of offer date. If you have an offer which is conditional, you must accept your offer after meeting the condition/s of your offer.
- As a recipient of the scholarship, you must:
- Be enrolled in an on-campus undergraduate or postgraduate degree program by coursework – that is, studying at Federation University Australia | Brisbane
- Maintain a full study load which enables you to complete your studies in the duration listed on your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and an average grade of Credit in each progress review period of the degree, and not fail any courses of study
- Behave in a manner which upholds the positive reputation of the University
- Seek independent advice in relation to implications for taxation and/or effect of the scholarship on other government benefits.
- Payments will be made in two instalments per year, within 10-15 working days after Census date (31 March and 31 August) of each semester, upon meeting the conditions outlined in 1. You will receive 100% of your payment if you are completing 60 credit points in a semester. The payment will be adjusted on a pro-rata basis if you are studying less than 60 credit points.
- If you withdraw from a course of study after close of business on the Census date, you will
- Be able to retain your scholarship provided you continue to meet the scholarship conditions
- Have your subsequent payment instalment adjusted to a pro rata payment for the next semester.
- If you withdraw from your degree after close of business on the Census date, or if you cease to study at a Federation University Australia | Brisbane, you will:
- Forfeit the scholarship and not be eligible to apply for a scholarship if you re-enrol at a later date
- Be liable to repay the payment for the current semester.
- The scholarship will be awarded for study in a specific degree and is not transferrable. Under exceptional circumstances the Campus Director may approve transfer of the scholarship to another degree.
- The scholarship cannot be deferred.
- If you take leave of absence from your degree, you may forfeit the scholarship and will be ineligible to apply upon your return from leave of absence. In exceptional circumstances the Campus Director may approve continuation of your scholarship on your return.
- If you receive this scholarship, you are required to pay the fees listed in your International Student Offer and Acceptance Agreement in advance, and your Overseas Student Health Cover. To continue receiving your scholarship into your second semester, you must maintain a credit grade average.
Right of appeal
The University regards any decision in relation to these scholarships as final and will not accept appeals.
Brisbane Professional Internship Scholarship
Gain work experience and bridge the gap between university and your career. The Brisbane Industry Internship Scholarship (BIIS) can kick-start your career and improve your employability prospects.
The Internship is open to future international students who intend to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Federation University Australia | Brisbane.
The Scholarship rewards successful applicants with a 16-week program consisting of four online work-readiness workshops including an 8 to 12-week internship placement. Program participants spend time immersed in a host company alongside Australian professionals. 100% of the internship placements are matched to the participants' professional background and future career goals.
The Professional Year Program is a professional career development program combining formal learning and an Australian internship placement. Our partner is the only provider able to offer the Australian Computer Society (ACS) Professional Year Program, Engineers Australia’s Professional Year in Engineering and Skilled Migration Internship Program - Accounting (SMIPA) in seven locations nationwide.
The program gives international graduates the skills to gain employment and excel in their chosen field. Successful completion provides eligibility for migration points towards permanent residency*.
If you would prefer to undertake the Professional Year Program with our partner provider, we will provide a $2000 scholarship to help you.
There are three programs available, depending on your qualifications:
- Skilled Migration Internship Program - Accounting (SMIPA)
- Australian Computer Society (ACS) Professional Year Program
- Engineers Australia’s Professional Year in Engineering
* Successful completion of the Professional Year does not guarantee permanent residency.