Preparing for an audition can often be a frightening experience. Many people feel isolated during the preparation.
Get audition-ready with a full-day workshop led by respected Arts Academy teaching staff as you learn the skill of audition preparation. We will provide you with the opportunity to practise, present and perfect your material. You will be guided through the process of applying and audition preparation.
Date: September 2019
Location: Ballarat - Camp Street Campus or Melbourne - Theatreworks
Time: 10am to 5pm
Subscribe to be notified when this short course is next offered.
- Dance - This component will simulate your dance audition and give key pointers related to preparation.
- Voice - Learn how to embody your voice confidently and clearly in performance.
- Singing - Discover essential knowledge on song selection, performance techniques and how to talk to an accompanist. Participants are encouraged to bring sheet music for a musical theatre song of their choice.
- Monologue - Discover how to work on your monologue for the audition. Participants will be guided through text, verse and all its variance enabling the applicant to be fully prepared for the audition.
- Audition application process - Guidance on completing the application form, VTAC requirements and ABC letters.
Bring with you:
- Your own lunch (or access many cafés in central Ballarat). Accommodation is available at an additional cost through FedUni Living. Phone: 5327 9480.
- Comfortable clothes that you are able to move in. No jeans, belts, skirts or dresses.
- Jazz shoes or trainers. No hard-soled shoes.
- Your own named, re-fillable water bottle.
- Sheet music for a musical theatre song of your choice