Visual Art and Communication Design Workshop
Federation University Arts Academy is inviting students studying Studio Art and Visual Communication Design and also practicing artists and designers to attend a one-day workshop in the April school holidays.
Hear about the history and theory of art and design and participate in workshops on visual arts and communication design. Bring in your folio work-in-progress for feedback and receive advice on applying for university. Lecturers will also take you on a tour of the Arts Academy and tell you about the vast opportunities available by pursuing a career in the creative arts.
This workshop is suitable for year 11 and 12 students studying art, design and media and also practicing artists and designers considering studying at Federation University Arts Academy.
Date: Wednesday 8 April 2020
Location: Camp Street Campus, Ballarat. On arrival, please report to Reception, Old Law Courts Building (Building C), Camp Street, Ballarat.
Time: 9.30am - 4pm
Cost: $50 and includes lunch.
- Insight into art in our society; adding perspective to past and present art forms and how they unite and support aspects of art education
- Working across a broad spectrum of drawing where the emphasis will be on developing insightful hand-eye coordination and observation skills that relate to tertiary studies (A life model will be part of this session)
- Concepts in design and imagery and their required outcomes
- A tour of student spaces and the campus art gallery, the Post Office Gallery
- Overview of communication design and visual arts requirements within a tertiary setting
- Outline of folio selection and interview processes including a mock interview