Art and Design Workshops - Folio preparation
Early Bird price: book before 14 September
Date: 26 September 2018
Location: Camp Street Campus, Ballarat
*Early Bird price is $75. Book before 14 September.
These hands on workshop sessions are designed for creatives like you.
Our aim is to assist you in planning and developing a quality folio of art and design work to present at an interview for entry into a tertiary visual arts or communication design program in 2019.
You will also have the opportunity to take a tour of the various student spaces and studio locations and meet the talented staff and practitioners at the Arts Academy Ballarat.
- Insight into art in our society; adding perspective to past and present art forms and how they unite and support aspects of art education
- Working across a broad spectrum of drawing where the emphasis will be on developing insightful hand-eye coordination and observation skills that relate to tertiary studies (A life model will be part of this session)
- Concepts in design and imagery and their required outcomes
- A tour of student spaces and the campus art gallery, the Post Office Gallery
- Overview of communication design and visual arts requirements within a tertiary setting
- Outline of folio selection and interview processes including a mock interview