Jimmy PasakosLecturer, Visual arts
Printmaking and digital
Location: Camp Street Campus
Jimmy Pasakos studied his Bachelor of Visual Arts at Monash University and furthered his studies with a Graduate Diploma (Honours), majoring in printmaking. He completed a Master of Fine Art (course work) in printmaking and works on paper.
Pasakos has exhibited nationally and internationally. He is a committee member of the Printmaking Council of Australia (PCA) and the founder and facilitator of the Goldfields Printmakers.
Areas of expertise
- Printmaker - Works on paper
- Digital art
- Practice-led research
- Practice-led research in printmaking - works on paper
- The Docklands, Melbourne, and its history
- The Goldfields Printmakers was founded by Pasakos in 2012: read more about the Goldfields Printmakers
- Pasakos was a co-founder of Thinking of Place (ToP), a touring exhibition that was conceptualised at IMPACT8 Dundee, Scotland, in 2013 with fellow printmaker, Laurel McKenzie, of Inkmasters Printmakers in Queensland. As an international exchange project, the exhibition presented diverse works by printmaking groups from across the Tasman, including Inkmasters Cairns Inc (Australia), Goldfields Printmakers (Australia), Melbourne Printmakers Group (Australia), North Island Printmakers (New Zealand) and Te Wai Pounamu Printmakers (New Zealand). Thinking of Place II will travel to IMPACT10 in Santander, Spain, where groups from the UK, USA, NZ and Australia will come together to exhibit.
Visit Pasakos' website.