Respect. Now. Always. - Human Rights Commission report
As part of its Respect Now Always initiative, Universities Australia commissioned the Australian Human Rights Commission to undertake the first national university student survey on sexual assault and sexual harassment.
The survey ran from September to November 2016 and more than 30,000 students from all Australian universities participated. The national report which responded to the survey was released on 1 August. It includes a 10-point action plan and a series of further sector-wide prevention, awareness and support initiatives that Australian universities can draw on to complement the many local initiatives they have under way to prevent and address sexual assault and sexual harassment in student communities.
- Notes on reading institutional-level data (pdf, 301kb)
- Federation University Australia data (pdf, 240kb)
- Download the 10-point action plan (pdf, 7mb)
- FedUni to learn and improve following release of national survey - 1 August 2017
- Universities Australia - University action to prevent and address sexual assault and sexual harassment
- Australian Human Rights Commission - Report shines light on universities
Get help and support
Visit FedUni against violence website.
This website aims to help staff and students who may not be sure about what to do when experiencing, witnessing or being told about a wide range of behaviours of concern.