Facilities and external services
On campus facilities
Our modern facilities include a spacious learning resource centre, a 100-seat auditorium, and video conferencing facilities.
Specialised training facilities include a fully functional hairdressing salon, industry-standard plumbing, automotive, building, electrotechnology, engineering and building and construction workshops.
The campus also houses art and design, nursing and computer training rooms.
Skills and Jobs Centre
The Skills & Jobs Centre is a free, independent service available to all students. Located in room M44 of the Grampians building, we can assist students with the following services:
- Careers counselling & advice, including one-on-one career advisory appointments to discuss career development opportunities, transitioning to new career paths or finding the right career for you.
- Assistance with both accredited & short course training options, recognition of prior learning, transition to further study & learning pathways for career growth.
- Job Seeking & referrals to local employment opportunities.
- Assistance finding & applying for practical work experience placements and volunteer opportunities.
- Apprenticeship & Trainee-ship advice Job-ready skills, including assistance with preparing resumes, application letters & addressing key selection criteria.
- Preparation for job interviews.
- Referrals to welfare assistance, financial guidance & disability support services
The Skills & Jobs Centre will also run a number of workshops to enhance job-ready skills and provide training insights throughout the year.
If you’re looking for guidance with any of the above or would like to chat about anything else career or training related, feel free to stop by and visit our friendly Community Careers & Training Advisor in the Skills & Jobs Centre between 9.00 am – 4.30 pm weekdays.
Located on level 1 of our Building C, the library offers students an open space equipped with everything you need to succeed in your studies. Here you’ll find quiet study nooks, resources, computers, readily available study equipment and a bookable meeting room. Students are also connected to our Library and Learning Support team, who are on hand to provide personalised academic support to enhance your learning experience and help you ace those assessments. You can also access a range of academic support services by visiting the library website.
The Fedstore Located in the bookstore at Wimmera Campuses, the Library stocks a small range of Federation University branded items, apparel, giftware, and stationery. Visit the online store to browse, with all your purchase sent directly to your home address. Find out more.
As a student at the Wimmera Campus, you have full access to the University's comprehensive range of health and well-being services, including:
- counselling or a chaplain
- support for international students
- disability liaison
- housing advice for those living off campus
- financial advice
- advice about employment and careers
All services are free, confidential and easy to access. For further information, contact Student Connect on +61 3 5122 6425.
Federation University embraces and celebrates the diversity of our campus communities. Staff and students who wish to practice spiritual or religious observances such as prayer, meditation, and reflection, please contact the Campus Coordinator to advise what is required to facilitate your religious and spiritual practices.
Café and eateries
Want to find something to eat? Or are you craving that coffee or chai hit to boost your energy? You’ll feel spoilt for choice with the on-campus Cafeteria, which is managed by the Centre for Participation’s, Social enterprise, Laneway Café without borders; it is located on the ground floor of our campuses Building C and offers an excellent menu to Federation students/staff and the general public.
If you’re looking for something else, there is access to eateries on Firebrace Street or Dimboola Road, which is a short walk/drive from the campus.
A comprehensive and flexible catering service is available across our campus. Our onsite Café Laneway Café without Borders will work with you to create a tailored package personalised to your tastes, budget and event themes, featuring local produce and gourmet selections.