International Commencing Student Accommodation Scholarship FAQ’s
Am I eligible for a scholarship?
Full terms, conditions and eligibility criteria is outlined on the scholarships website.
Please ensure you have read and understood the scholarship terms and conditions
What happens over the summer break? Will I have accommodation?
Over the summer break (Nov-Feb), students will have the option of booking summer accommodation if they wish. Details of where the summer accommodation is located, costs, and applications will be sent to all students during second semester.
This period of accommodation is not included in the scholarship offer.
Why do I need to pay an acceptance fee for accommodation?
When a student accepts their accommodation offer, they are required to pay an acceptance fee, which includes a number of compulsory fees such as the residential programs and activities. Paying the acceptance fees confirms your accommodation place on residence.
What costs do I need to pay?
When the student receives their accommodation offer email there will be a full outline of all the fees they will be required to pay, and when the amounts are due.
For students commencing their scholarship in semester 1 2020
- Application acceptance fee of $550 payable upon accepting your formal accommodation offer.
- To accept your scholarship you will need to apply for academic year accommodation (39 weeks, 21 February - 20 November 2020).
- Depending on your campus and scholarship offer you may receive one or two-semester scholarship.
- Ballarat Campus | One semester (18 weeks) scholarship
- Gippsland Campus | Two semester (39 weeks) scholarship
- Berwick Campus | One semester (18 weeks) scholarship
- You will be required to pay accommodation fees for the remainder of your accommodation agreement. The total amount may vary depending on your residence. Please see fees and charges for full weekly cost details.
Campus Life Cash (Ballarat Residents Only)
- Campus Life Cash Gold Food and Retail Package | $2,000 cost = $2,500 value
- Paid in 8 x instalments throughout the academic year.
How do I apply?
Every scholarship applicant must follow the process below;
- Register via the link included in your offer email
- Your registration will be assessed and you will receive an email for information on the next steps.
How far are the residences from the University campus?
Many of FedLiving residences are located on-campus, within a few minutes walk to lecture theatres and classrooms.
What is Campus Life Cash?
Campus Life Cash allows FedLiving Ballarat residents to use their resident card to store credit and purchase food and retail items, including evening meals, on-campus at the Hub, Ruby’s and FedUni Store. This is included as a component of the International Commencing Student Accommodation Scholarship. Full terms and conditions for Campus Life Cash can be found on the website.