Victoria Street Residence is located on the main entrance into Ballarat from Melbourne and consists of the 'Victoria Street House' as well as 'The Victoria Street Hotel'. It is only 2.5 kilometres from the SMB/Camp Street Campuses and the CBD and very close to public transport to the Mt Helen Campus.
Victoria Street House is a large historic mansion and houses 6 students in large bed/study rooms. A well appointed self-catering kitchen, dining room, spacious TV room and laundry facilities are available for resident use.
Victoria Street Hotel houses 12 students in large single rooms with ensuites. There is also a large fully equipped self catering kitchen and communal area for students.
Why live in Victoria Street Residence?
- Choose from large bed/study rooms in the mansion or single hotel style ensuite rooms
- Convenient location with easy access to all Federation University Ballarat campuses as well as local shops and services.
- Membership to UniSports included for all residents - UniSports is located on the Mt Helen Campus, and includes gym and pool facilities
- Make lifelong friendships
- Take advantage of the amazing support services and numerous activities and events available to residents
- 24/7 security and support available
- Proven transition programs including 'Compass Weekend' to assist all residents in 'settling in'
- No hidden costs with bills included in rent
What is available in the house/units?
- Victoria Street House offers large bedrooms for residents including bed, desk and wardrobe space.
- The house includes communal kitchen, lounge and bathrooms.
- Victoria Street Hotel includes single ensuite rooms for residents, with communal self-catering kitchen.
- For a full list of inclusions please see the 'Items provided and what to bring list (pdf, 73kb)'.
Where is Victoria Street Residence?
Victoria Street Residence is located only 2.5 kms from Ballarat CBD and the SMB and Camp Street Campuses, and close to bus stop for students attending Mt Helen Campus. Supermarket, shops, restaurants and entertainment are all only a short walk for Victoria Street residents.
How do I apply and how much does it cost?