Scholarships and book bursaries
We offer a range of scholarships and awards for TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Education costs
- Regional Relief
- Dr Mary Atkinson (Indigenous students only)
- Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs
- Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation
- Indigenous Commonwealth Access
2014 Scholarship Application
If you are a new or current student and you missed applying for a 2014 Equity & Financial Aid Scholarship through VTAC, we wish to advise there will be a second round. Please contact Barb Bennett, Equity and Financial Aid Scholarship Officer on Ph: (03) 5327 9340, Email: email@example.com for further information.
The Book Bursary Scheme is NOW AVAILABLE, please go to online application.
Eligible students -
- An Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Australian Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa;
- Enrolled as a Higher Education student at a FedUni Campus;
- Commencing the first semester of undergraduate program of study; and
- Able to demonstrate financial hardship.
TAFE and international students are NOT eligible.
Barb Bennett, Equity and Financial Aid Scholarship Officer
Phone: (03) 5327 9340
Gippsland - specific scholarships
Equity bursary scholarships
- Baw Baw Student Bursary
- East Gippsland Indigenous Student Bursary
- East Gippsland Student Bursary
- Gippsland Campus Encouragement Bursary
- Gippsland Campus Off-Campus Equity Bursary
- Latrobe City Indigenous Student Bursary
- Latrobe City Student Bursary
- South Gippsland / Bass Coast Student Bursary
- TAFE Pathway Bursaries
- Wellington Student Bursary
- Gippsland Campus Achiever Scholarship
- Gippsland Industry Placement Scholarship
- Gippsland Undergraduate Endeavour Scholarship for Tertiary Studies in Science
- Gippsland Honours Scholarships
- School of Applied Media and Social Sciences Honours Scholarships
- School of Applied Sciences and Engineering Honours Scholarship
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science, Information Technology and Engineering
- Federation University Australia Scholarships and Awards
- University Pipe Band
- Albert Coates Memorial Awards
Please explore this section as it covers a wide range of scholarships.
Youth Allowance - Start-up and Relocation Scholarships
Significant changes have been made over the last few years to Youth Allowance, meaning many more students are eligible for financial assistance. Contact the Centrelink information service to find out more details or go to the Human Services website
Make sure you check your eligibility!
For Youth Allowance, parental income levels are up to $150,000. For information visit the Human Services website.
The age of independence for Youth Allowance is 22 effective 1 January 2012.
Student Start-up Scholarships are available for Higher Education students who receive income support through Youth Allowance, Austudy and Abstudy - two half yearly payments of $1,025 in 2014. For information visit the Human Services website.
Please note there are proposed changes to the Student Start-up Scholarship. As part of the 2013-14 Budget the previous Government announced that the Student Start-up Scholarship would be converted into an income-contingent loan for new recipients of student payments in higher education from 1/01/2014. Legislation to implement this change is currently before Parliament but was not passed during the Spring sitting. Because of this, the Student Start-up Scholarship will be available to new students commencing higher education study in the first semester of 2014.
- Relocation Scholarships are available to eligible university students who have had to relocate to study and are receiving income support as dependants through Youth Allowance and Abstudy. For eligible students from regional areas, the 2014 values will be $4,145 in the first year required to live away from home to study, $2,073 in each of the second and third years and $1,036 in fourth or subsequent years of study. For eligible students from major cities, the 2014 values will now be $4,145 in the first year of living away and $1,036 in subsequent years of study. For information visit the Human Services website.
For more information contact Centrelink on 13 24 90.
If you are having difficulty in understanding or accessing Centrelink services our Student Advisory Service can provide assistance. You can contact the Service on 5327 6105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.