Scholarships, Bursaries, Student Grants
We offer a range of scholarships and awards for TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate students.
FedUni Scholarships, Bursaries, Student Grants
INTRODUCTION TO FEDUNI SBSG - to be updated
2015 KickStart Equity and Financial Aid Bursaries
INTRODUCTION TO BURSARIES - to be updated
As the VTAC application process has closed for a 2015 KickStart Equity and Financial Aid Scholarship, there will be a second round. If you have not applied through VTAC, please contact us providing your full name, student ID #, course undertaking in 2015, campus attending, preferred telephone contact # and preferred email address.
Bursaries available :
- Education Costs
- Relocation or Accommodation
- Dr Mary Atkinson (Indigenous students only)
- Indigenous Commonwealth Access
2015 FedUni Equity and Financial Aid Scholarships Selection and Administration Guidelines (pdf, 82kb)
2015 Commonwealth Scholarships Selection and Administration Guidelines
2015 Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility Summary
2015 KickStart Book Grant
If you are commencing your first semester of an undergraduate program of study in Semester 1, 2015 there will be an online application available late-February. As soon as the link to the application is available it will be posted on this webpage. Should you have any queries please contact us.
Eligible students must be:
- An Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Australian Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa;
- Enrolled as a Higher Education student at a FedUni campus;
- Commencing your first semester of an undergraduate program of study; and
- Able to demonstrate financial hardship (you are required to be receiving a Centrelink benefit such as Youth Allowance, Austudy, ABSTUDY, Parenting payment, Disability Support payment, Newstart etc.while studying. This excludes the Family Tax Benefit Part A &/or Part B and the Low Income Health Care Card).
2015 FedUni KickStart Book Grant Guidelines (pdf, )
TAFE and International students are NOT eligible.
Barb Bennett, Equity and Financial Aid Scholarship Officer
Phone: (03) 5327 9340 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Federation Business School
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Science and Technology
- Federation University Australia scholarships and awards
- Harold Carroll Memorial Scholarship
- University Pipe Band
- Albert Coates Memorial Awards
Please explore this section as it covers a wide range of scholarships.
Youth Allowance - Start-up and Relocation Scholarships
Significant changes have been made over the last few years to Youth Allowance, meaning many more students are eligible for financial assistance. Contact the Centrelink information service to find out more details or go to the Human Services website
Make sure you check your eligibility!
For Youth Allowance, parental income levels are up to $150,000. For information visit the Human Services website.
The age of independence for Youth Allowance is 22 effective 1 January 2012.
Student Start-up Scholarships are available for Higher Education students who receive income support through Youth Allowance, Austudy and Abstudy - two half yearly payments of $1,025 in 2015. For information visit the Human Services website.
- Relocation Scholarships are available to eligible university students who have had to relocate to study and are receiving income support as dependents through Youth Allowance and ABSTUDY. For eligible students from regional areas, the 2015 values will be $4,269 in the first year required to live away from home to study, $2,135 in each of the second and third year and $1,067 in fourth or subsequent year of study. For eligible students from major cities, the 2014 values will now be $4,269 in the first year of living away and $1,067 in subsequent years of study. For information visit the Human Services website.
For more information contact Centrelink on 13 24 90.
If you are having difficulty in understanding or accessing Centrelink services our Student Advisory Service can provide assistance. You can contact the Service on 5327 6105 or email email@example.com.