The University is committed to providing staff with support and assistance when a WorkCover claim is lodged, and promoting effective and sustainable rehabilitation assistance to staff who sustain a work-related injury or illness, in accordance with the Accident Compensation Act 1985;

  • We aim to foster positive and cooperative relationships with all parties involved in the management of an injured staff member's claim; and
  • We will endeavour to assist our staff to remain at work or return to work at the earliest opportunity following an injury or illness.

Making a WorkCover claim

If you are injured or become ill in the course of your employment, and you believe your employment is a significant contributing factor to your injury or illness, you are entitled to submit a WorkCover Claim Form.

A work-related injury or illness is any physical or mental disease or injury that occurs to a staff member during the course of their employment, or where their employment is a significant contributing factor. This includes reoccurrences, aggravations, accelerations, exacerbations or deterioration of any pre-existing injury or disease, where the staff members employment is a significant contributing factor.*

* Source: FedUni Occupational Rehabilitation Program

WorkCover provides fair compensation for staff members with work-related injuries or illnesses.

You can download a Worker's Injury Claim Form (pdf, 306kb) or, alternatively, obtain a hard-copy from the Co-ordinator, Workplace Support in the Human Resources office, at a Post Office, or from a WorkSafe Office.

From 5 April 2010 staff may lodge claim forms via fax or e-mail. ;An e-mail must contain a scanned copy of the original claim form, signed by the staff member. The original signed claim form and other documentation must still be sent to the University within 10 working days of lodgement.


All staff employed by Federation University Australia. This means full-time, part-time, sessional or casual staff members.

A WorkCover claim form must be completed if you have had a work-related injury or illness that requires/has required medical attention and/or time off work.


The University is required by law to have worker's compensation insurance. Our insurer is:

Allianz Australia Worker's Compensation (Vic) Limited
PO Box 324
Geelong VIC 3220
Tel: 03 5226 1000


Kelley Jones, HR Business Partner, is the person responsible for WorkCover at the University. Should you have any questions regarding the WorkCover process, please contact Kelley on 5327 9512.